Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-05 Deleting files and folders plus best micro card  (Read 12144 times)

Offline kenni

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Tascam DR-05 Deleting files and folders plus best micro card
« on: March 08, 2016, 08:06:01 PM »
My recorder is a Tascam DR-05. 
1) I have downloaded all of my wav files to my computer and would like to delete them off the DR-05.  I can do this one-file-at-a-time as follows from Page 14 of the Owner’s Manual:   Home Screen – QUICK - DELETE .  With almost 200 files on the DR-05, this will take quite a while.  So I’d like to delete all of them at once.  However, after reading the manual and reviewing online suggestions, I cannot discover how to delete all of the files at once.  Is there a way to do this? 
2) I created another folder to hold new files.  Now I’d like to delete that folder and all of the files inside.  I can delete the files inside with: Home Screen – QUICK – BROWSE +/- QUICK – ALL DEL.  Unfortunately, this does NOT delete the folder.  How can I also delete the folder? 
3) I have the Tascam PS-PS15U AC adapter, so last night I plugged it in and turned on the recorder hoping to record all night long.  When I got up this morning and looked at the recorder, it had turned itself off and stopped recording after 2 hours and 29 minutes, creating a file size of 1.1 GB.  When I add that file’s size to the other files on the micro card, it’s about 2 GB which is the size of the micro card, so I assume the card filled up. If so, then my question is: what is the maximum size micro card I can purchase that will successfully run on the DR-05?  Thanks.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Tascam DR-05 Deleting files and folders plus best micro card
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 06:09:25 AM »
To delete everything you can either format the card (which is buried in the menu somewhere) or just drag everything to your computer's trash, and then empty it while the unit is still plugged in

Offline splumer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Go ahead, try this at home
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 07:02:28 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, but since you're not getting a horde of replies...

I was watching a video about using my new camera, and it said that instead of deleting files one by one from the SD card, they recommend formatting it to delete lots of files. Apparently this helps avoid card errors. I use an 8 gig card in my DR-05 and haven't had an issue. At 44.1, I can't see you needing a bigger card, but you could probably go to 16 or 32 without an issue. I generally don't leave stuff on the card long. I have it on my PC/external HD, since those are less likely to fail (i.e. get dropped in a toilet or get beer spilled on it) and are backed up.
"Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be here. "
 - Lawrence Krauss

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:42:42 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, but since you're not getting a horde of replies...

I was watching a video about using my new camera, and it said that instead of deleting files one by one from the SD card, they recommend formatting it to delete lots of files. Apparently this helps avoid card errors. I use an 8 gig card in my DR-05 and haven't had an issue. At 44.1, I can't see you needing a bigger card, but you could probably go to 16 or 32 without an issue. I generally don't leave stuff on the card long. I have it on my PC/external HD, since those are less likely to fail (i.e. get dropped in a toilet or get beer spilled on it) and are backed up.

I agree! Formatting is DEF the best method when deleting multiple files ;) I FORMAT my sd cards after EVERY show/festie/whatever, so I always have a freshly formatted card for everytime I record!

And Splumer, since you mentioned External HD/PCs being more reliable than flash media, I thought I would mention that I just bought a 64gb SanDisk Extreme Pro SD Card for my 2nd 70D, and apparently after looking at all of its features, it seems to be Shockproof, dustproof, pressure proof, xray proof and waterproof! So in this day and age, you can literally spill beer on the sd card, and it SHOULDN'T mess it up! That is if its a waterproof card like the one I just bought! I really don't want to try that out tho and put my new sd card in a glass of water lol ;D So I would say that flash media is MORE reliable than External HDs/PCs, at least in those regards :) As always, YMMV!

I'm just SOOOO glad the days of DAT taping are over! You could nail a recording live, but get home and have digi-noise all over the tapes :( Or have to wait weeks/months/years to transfer the DAT tapes, and then have misaligned or bad heads!!! And transferring shows REAL TIME :P I LOVE being able to come home, connect my 70d/deck/card reader/etc, and transfer the show I just did in 24/96 in 10 minutes MAX, with just hitting a few buttons/mouse clicks :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com