Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

iZotope RX7 Music Rebalance

(1/3) > >>

checht:
https://youtu.be/kEauVQv2Quc?t=159

Been considering rx7 for a while, and the new music rebalance process is intriguing.
Wondering if anyone's played with it, specifically curious as to whether it works well for bringing vocals up when they seem distant in the recording.

Anyone played with it?

hoserama:
I love love love it.

HOWEVER, it's not magic. And if something is faded/distant in a recording, like vocals in a distant audience recording, it doesn't have much to "grab" onto to extract. It works best with clean soundboard type sources where things are clear, but just low.

EmRR:
I've gone as far as turning up vocals 6dB in an audience recording where they weren't much visible, or bass down 6dB in a small room audience recording where it overwhelmed the room.  It works really well with small moves, sometimes 1/2 or 1 dB makes real differences.  I at least see what it can do with every recording now.

jerryfreak:
Yes I’ve used it once on a recording where I was too close to the stage and the drums were too loud. As others have said it really depends on how clear and clean the sources it does wonders with studio material. Distant roomy auds not so much

checht:
Been playing with rebalance and my Neil recording from Matt Knight Arena here in Eugene.

If I tune sensitivity right, I can boost vocal and cut everything else, and end up with something like a vocal track. It gets weird in some spots...

Thinking I can run this module on a copy of the stereo tracks, edit out the weird bits, and mix it back into the original tracks, boosting the vocal.

Tried a 1 minute test, and seems promising...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version