Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Advice on recording " Tommy Emmanuel Solo guitar " Only my 2nd show  (Read 1949 times)

Offline prof.caos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi everyone ,
 i ned some advice . I really want this to turn out well for my dad . I have an Alesis Palmtrack , 24bit , 48Hz , I also have a Sony MZ-N1 MD Recorder .
and i have a friend that will loan me his CA-11's or 14's , not sure and a Battery box . My first recording came
out decent , it was Godsmack in FLA. But even at the LOWEST SETTING it was destorting so i did a recording through the " line in "  .I know .
  What setting's should i use and ive got great recording seats . Half way back in the right side orcastra ( sp? ) section . Should i use bass roll off , hi , low or auto mic settings , im just lost . Any advice is great . anyone use a Alesis ? I appreciate any input .

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Advice on recording " Tommy Emmanuel Solo guitar " Only my 2nd show
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 07:35:09 AM »
CA mics shouldn't be the cause of distortion now matter how loud the show is.

Don't know about the Alesis, but if you use the Hi MD, at a loud show go line in with the battery box (the high/low setting only affects mic in) As long as you don't have to set the levels below 12/30 to keep the meters under 0 dB you shouldn't get distortion.

I shouldn't be the case, but if you did need to set the level under 12 you would likely get a brick walled recording. In that case keep the levels at 12 and move away from the source until the meters are peaking under 0 Db.

Don't use bass roll off-do that in post if needed.
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.442 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com