Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADK mics  (Read 6525 times)

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re:ADK mics
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 10:46:27 PM »
anyone have any comments on the sound of the SC-1?  
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 11:57:12 PM »
don't buy any adk....they are releasing the "vienna" ,"hamburg" and a new line of SD mics designed by jp gerard of No hype studio/audio Belgium.
i would wait.

Interesting ;D  Be cool to see what they come out with in the small diaphram department.. I have the SC-T's and really love'em...  though having interchangable caps would be fun for experimenting.  Not a huge deal as I'm sure I'd run cards 90% of the time anyways...
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

Offline iphone

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2003, 03:50:55 PM »

Offline Swanny

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Some shows...
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2003, 07:04:46 PM »
I've run the A51s LE  > V2  >  AD1k. They sound great. I now run the TL's > V3 , but ran TL > V2 > AD1k until recently. I think the TL's are the way to go they are a little cleaner (card vs. card), but you wouldn't know unless you had a direct comp. The TL's were also designed for live taping. I think the LE's can get a little boomy, but not to bad. They are both fine mics, even compared to the AKGs.
Schoeps MK5/8 > KC5 > CMC6> Oade M148/Aerco MP-2 > Mytek 24192 > Tascam dr-100 mkiii

Offline hoobash

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2003, 11:41:12 AM »
I have the TL's now. Before I had them I got a pair of generis(adk) gc-1. I think these are pretty much the same as the a51. They sound great for the price. I can send a tape if needed

Offline InfiniteOhms

• Taperssection Member
    • LMA Uploads
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2003, 12:11:43 PM »
ADK A-51s LE's > Oade W-mod UA-5 > Zoom H4n Pro if I bother to drag out a full rig. More often just the H4N Pro. My LMA tapes

Jason B

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2003, 08:45:11 PM »
The TL's are the way to go. I have seriously thought about getting a set of LD Neumanns, but can't bring myself to drop the severe extra amount of cash when the ADK TL's give me all I could ask for. Extremely transparent when run with a V2. Add a Mini Me behind that, and like Moke said, like hot butter. My TL > V2 > MMe stage tapes are simply amazing. Section tapes from Phish and Panic are some of the best I've heard. I had the SC-T small diaphragm mics for a while before selling them, just because I was not using them. They sound good, but the TL's are simply fantastic to my ears, and it is a crime that they are charging so little for these mics now. When I bought mine, I paid roughly 1k. Now they can be had for an extremely lower price, which sickens me :P ;) . If you have the time, seek out some TL tapes, and judge for yourself. If you want a smooth, all encompasing transparent sound, the TL's are the way to go in my book. I love them, and not just because I own them, but because they are that good.

-JB
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 08:46:54 PM by Jason B »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com