Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Processor Reccomendations?  (Read 5925 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Processor Reccomendations?
« on: June 04, 2004, 01:10:02 AM »
Well,

I've placed my order for my new MMG W's and MMG C to help on my way to a 5.1 surround system.  Eventually I'll be going to a 7.1 system, but 5.1 is the focus for the next year or two.  Can anyone reccomend a good processor at 1200 ish or under.  Please don't move too far out of this range :-)  

FWIW here is what i have:

Magnepan 10.1 QR's
Belles 150A, going to get a hotrodded 3 channel 150a for up front eventually
Bel Canto DAC 1.1
Denon DVD-2900
Bettercables cables all the way around

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Processor Reccomendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 07:06:13 AM »

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 07:19:54 AM »
scott, i really want just a processor, not a receiver (using my own amps to push the maggies)

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 07:40:02 AM »
Outlaw (Sherbourn is same thing), Rotel, used B&K Ref40, Anthem AVM-2 (audiogon).  I'd wait and extend the buget if you are worried about 2 channel quality.  You could also just get a Denon 3804 or whatever the latest is and use the pre outs.  I'm waiting for the Emotiva gear to come out so I can purchase my buddies slightly used Parasound Halo C2 and A51.  I'd really look into these pieces, but they are out of the budget.  What happened to the 5802???
SC

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 10:50:41 AM »
>> scott, i really want just a processor, not a receiver (using my own amps to push the maggies)<<

oh, duh...my bad

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 11:57:54 AM »
really, really like the Anthem stuff in a friends setup, he does 5.1 with all Paradigm's.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2004, 06:46:05 PM »
really, really like the Anthem stuff in a friends setup, he does 5.1 with all Paradigm's.

That's where I'm going eventually... right now I've got Studio v.20s up front but I'm going to move them to the surrounds and pick up some Esprits or Phantoms up front.
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

jpschust

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 12:02:51 AM »
the reason ive moved away from the denon thing is that again i really just want its processor abilities.  when paying for something like a 5803 im paying for an amp too- im getting less of what i want and paying more for it.  the denon ain't gonna push my maggies to their full potential- I'm gonna have to use outboard amps.  

Offline Tim

Re: Processor Reccomendations?
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 09:01:38 PM »
next time I go to Juday's house I'll bring a camera and take some pictures of his setup... it's pretty out of control since he is able to get dealer prices.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

jpschust

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 09:06:51 PM »
im about to go WAY over budget and buy some McIntosh stuff :-)

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 07:17:38 AM »
Why??  Budgets are there for a reason  ::)   I'd look into Lexicon then!  I've never heard a McIntosh DD or DTS unit.  I'm looking hard at getting the Halo Equip, but since I need a projector and screen, I'm sure the wife wouldn't appreciate a $5K purchase on new front end.

SC

jpschust

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 02:03:38 PM »
there were a number of factors, one of which being that i recently came into a lot of money and it enabled me to jump up to some significantly better units.  i really love the Mc stuff and it seemed like a really nice option. Also, I'm getting the floor models so getting all the waranty, no breakin, better price than ive seen on audiogon for the same units, and some units that will retain their value.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2004, 07:28:52 AM »
Sounds like a deal.  Wish I could "come into money" !  I'd still go for the Lex for HT though.... 

Offline Nick in Edinboro

• Wishes he was fishing right now...
  • Toshiba SD3690 > HK AR-20 > B&K ST-140 > Axiom M22
    • moepics.com - share your shots of moe.
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2004, 08:50:28 AM »
i recently came into a lot of money

jp, so it was you that was the powerball winner!? ;D :P

+T for new toyz
Oktava MC012's (dorseymod) > UA-5 (digmod) > JB3
http://braintuba.no-ip.com

jpschust

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2004, 03:55:44 PM »
the reason i chose the mc stuff over the lex stuff is twofold- the lex stuff seems to be more suited towards movie watching whereas the mc stuff seems to be more suited towards music.  also, the mc stuff will always hold its resale value whereas the lex stuff is a touch more questionable.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.268 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com