Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: System is Complete. Finally.  (Read 4358 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
System is Complete. Finally.
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:40:13 PM »
Pics are coming soon and I've kept this somewhat under raps till it was completed, but here it is.  I've been working on putting this system together for a few months now, but it is finally done. 

Speakers:
Front- B&W Nautilus 803's
Rear- B&W Nautilus 805's
Center- B&W HTM-1
Sub- Velodyne 10" Digital Drive

Amps: Macintosh MX206, Belles 150a, B&K ST-240 (soon to go)
Pre/Processor: Macintosh MX134

CD/DVD/SACD: Denon DVD-2900
D/A: Bel Canto DAC 2.0 (1.1 upgraded to the 2)

Turntable: VPI Airies Scout
Arm: JMW-9
Cartridge: Summiko Blackbird
Phono Pre: Musical Fidelity X-LPS

Cables: All cable is bettercable.com cable including:
All speaker cable is Blue Truth
All interconnects are Blue Truth with Bullet plugs EXCEPT:
All component cables are RCA ended.
Power cables are yet to come.

Power: 2 Richard Gray 4 plug units

Extra stuff that isn't really listening stuff: PS2, Gamecube, Samsung HD DirectTV receiver, Sharp 4 head VCR.

Pics to come in the next few days.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: System is Complete. Finally.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:41:01 PM »
nice job Jonny.... glad you got the Bel Canto upgraded!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 04:43:37 PM »
the new logic board on that puppy makes it sound incredible

Offline Tim

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 04:56:49 PM »
I bet. I'll probably pick one up again one of these days...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

jpschust

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 05:00:14 PM »
i must admit, im curious about a few other d/a s.

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 05:11:01 PM »
let me know before you sell, I might be interested by then.

jpschust

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 05:14:54 PM »
i know im gonna stick with what ive got for a while now.  i love it.  the clarity of the system is unparalleled

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 09:46:30 PM »
Very nice system indeed!  I just wish I were at the point of completion!!  Next week I hope to add the Infocus 7205, but the Anthem D1 and TBD amp must wait.  Very very nice and I'm glad you were able to get it all worked out.  Please let me know how the interconnects sound after burn in.  I have thought about those, but yet to hear them.  What is the first movie you're gonana watch??   NOW POST SOME PICS!!!

jpschust

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 10:06:50 PM »
its interesting, im having a bit of difficulties getting the denon to play nice with the system, though my plan for my first full movie on the system is going to probably be formula 51.  one of my fav action movies- so dumb, but the effects are fun and a lot of good sound play

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 09:43:01 AM »
i just picked up a power conditioner.  i'mm VERY curious how it'll affect everything

jpschust

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 09:45:13 AM »
a nice power conditioner doesnt neccesarily change the sound by coloring it persay, it just removes all the crap. 

by the way, someone was telling me the other day, with higher end subs, pre/processors/amps until you get into the very high dollar range of power conditioners, as long as you have decent electricity in your home you are fine as far as noise goes.  Beyond that, just a surge protector will do.

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 10:15:50 AM »
In a few years when I bulid my next house I'm putting in a line conditioner at the service entrance to do away with all the crap.  So how does it sound, and what is the problem?? 

jpschust

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 11:01:23 AM »
the problem is getting it to play at all in surround.  i need to sit down and read the manuals and figure out how they play together.  Part of the reason I haven't bothered to deal with it has been that ive been waiting on a few cables from bettercables.com.  i realized i needed 3 more pairs of interconnects and another video cable.  im kind of dragging ass since i want this set up once and to not have to do it again.  moving the billy bags rack is a PITA, not to mention extremely heavy.  All this stuff is on it plus a 42" tv plus soon the center channel will be on it too. 

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 11:49:51 AM »
Check player menu to be sure DD and DTS are being output (DD should be DTS maybe).  The pre/pro should recognize this signal and play if connected via digi coax or optical.  To play surround is really plug and play.  Odd that it isn't working for you.  Now get some pics up I want to see the finish you chose!

jpschust

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 12:10:46 PM »
everything is in black :-)

jpschust

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 10:57:53 AM »
ive been moving some stuff around, got another day of cable work ahead of me now that i got a couple more cables in.  dude, moving those richard gray supplies is NOT fun.  They are like 21lbs each and i have them daisy chained together.  I'm actually debating getting a third but i havent decided yet.  i do wish you could  daisy chain without losing an outlet on them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com