Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

need a stealth rig to use with a bill reutelhuber box

info re: flash recorder
1 (100%)
new recorder question
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: what is the best stealth rig that has Digi or rca analog inputs  (Read 2374 times)

Offline grawlings

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
what is the best stealth rig that has Digi or rca analog inputs
« on: September 04, 2007, 02:45:10 PM »
I have a reutelhuber "box" that powers a pair of Schoeps MK4's.  It puts out a line level analog signal.  I need a very small recorder that either has a digital in (not an 1/8inch) or rca inputs.  If the latter, I'd need the unit to have a good a to d.  The fostex fr-2le is too big.  Any ideas??

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My show list
Re: what is the best stealth rig that has Digi or rca analog inputs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:21:31 PM »
Sonosax MiniR82

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »
most seem to be pretty happy with the Edirol units R-01 or R-09 - they do not have RCA in however, just 1/8 i believe

i know a few even run the n-box (follow up to the r-box) directly into the R-09 with great results
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline landshark

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 05:26:33 PM »
Hi Grawling -

How about a MicroTrack?  New for about $350 or lower if you shop around, used for somewhere in the $200's.  It has a digital SPDIF-in plug that is RCA-type, rather than the TosLink optical.  Supposedly it is "bit perfect" meaning it will faithfully accept and record every digital bit that is fed to it through the SPDIF-in.  Apparently not all such devices are "bit perfect."  

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MicroTrack2496-main.html

The category some people use for a device that just exists to accept and record digital signals as a "bit bucket" and I think the majority of the devices that record in digital format can fill that need.  You might want to do a search on "bit bucket" in the forums, I know there was a thread discussing the best bit bucket out there.  

Once question - you mention that your box outputs a line-level analog signal.  How are you going to convert that analog signal into a digital signal prior to feeding it into the bit bucket?  

Mike
AKG 461's / 463's OR Senn MKH 8040's > MR1000 (Busman mod) or Shure FP24 (aka MixPre) > MR1 (open)
Coresounds Binaurals > CChurch 9100 > MR1 OR AKG CK1x/2x/3x > Deneke P20 > MR1 (low profile)

Offline bluntforcetrauma

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Taperssection Member
    • http://themovementschool.org
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »
edirol r-09

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 06:28:34 PM »
I have a reutelhuber "box" that powers a pair of Schoeps MK4's.  It puts out a line level analog signal.  I need a very small recorder that either has a digital in (not an 1/8inch) or rca inputs.  If the latter, I'd need the unit to have a good a to d.  The fostex fr-2le is too big.  Any ideas??

A recorder with a digital input won't do you any good as the Reutelhuber box only outputs an analog signal.

As said above, your best bet is definitely an R09. Just get a standard RCA>1/8" Y cable and you'll be good to go.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com