Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Problem  (Read 9891 times)

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Recordings uploaded to TTD
Re: Problem
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 11:50:11 AM »
Honestly not trying to pour salt in your wound - I've been there and done that before which has led me to to the following process...

The key to successful 007 is have everything running, levels set conservatively (until you have confidence to where they need to be), signal clearly visible in the recorder, recorder time clock is moving, and recorder locked.......... and this is the KEY TAKEAWAY...... before you sit down in your seat.
Mics: Schoeps MK5's, Schoeps MK41's, AT853's (C,SC,H,O), DPA 4061's
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2, Sound Devices MP-2, DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Naiant PiPsqueak, Church Ugly, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07, Marantz PMD-661, Sound Devices Mixpre-3

Offline Jerseyguy57

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 12:53:57 PM »
Thank you. A tough lesson learned. I should have checked sooner and I should have just plugged into the recorder and taken my chances.

ilduclo

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
Honestly not trying to pour salt in your wound - I've been there and done that before which has led me to to the following process...

The key to successful 007 is have everything running, levels set conservatively (until you have confidence to where they need to be), signal clearly visible in the recorder, recorder time clock is moving, and recorder locked.......... and this is the KEY TAKEAWAY...... before you sit down in your seat.

before you leave home, see that every thing is working OK, then go to the gig, sit down, then get set up. Not before sitting down, you can move shit around enough to fuck things up that way. YMMV

Offline nulldogmas

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • How I Escaped My Uncertain Fate
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 04:41:24 PM »
Try using it with the plug in power and bypassing the battery box and see if you get anything. You should

He did, I believe:

Just tried it with the CA -11'S hooked up to the recorder and they work with mic power on and input of 75. Tried with the Ugly battery box and mic power off and got nothing.

This sucks, but yeah, is a good reminder to test everything out as many times as possible, then once more for good measure.

Offline furburger

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 05:37:26 PM »
why I dig the internals and the dual mode of the DR-2D.

it makes 'failure' virtually non-existent, even if the mics fail....(bum batteries/card/deck are about the only culprits in that scenario)
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline opsopcopolis

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 06:16:27 PM »
Try using it with the plug in power and bypassing the battery box and see if you get anything. You should

He did, I believe:

Just tried it with the CA -11'S hooked up to the recorder and they work with mic power on and input of 75. Tried with the Ugly battery box and mic power off and got nothing.

Oh whoops. Yeah def bad battery box then. Shit happens...
This sucks, but yeah, is a good reminder to test everything out as many times as possible, then once more for good measure.

Offline unidentified

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
Run two rigs.

Offline KISSFAN

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2018, 08:52:11 AM »
Run two rigs.

slow down, son...he hasn't yet mastered running one rig  :lol:

Offline Jerseyguy57

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2018, 12:49:26 PM »
Is this the first time you have used it?
Did it work previously?

Buy this one instead

https://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-SPSB-8-MKII

On the way  :coolguy:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.589 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com