Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBM-1 AA battery life  (Read 4316 times)

Offline thoman8r

• Proud member of the reality-based community
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Let's go Pens!
SBM-1 AA battery life
« on: November 09, 2004, 03:35:50 PM »
Hey guys,

my SLA is down with an undiagnosed problem and in the mean time, I'm forced to use AA's in the sbm-1.  Does anyone know how much run time I can expect to get out of a set of Energizer e2's?  I ran them for ~ 2 hours Saturday and I'm down to 3 bars.  Trying to decide if I can get another show out of them.

Thanks,
Dave
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: SBM-1 AA battery life
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 03:52:36 PM »
probably not...I ran the e2s in my sbm1 for a stealth show a year or so back, and got almost 3.5 hours out, with only one bar left...no idea how much juice it had left.

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 03:56:41 PM »
probably not...I ran the e2s in my sbm1 for a stealth show a year or so back, and got almost 3.5 hours out, with only one bar left...no idea how much juice it had left.

Good to know, thanks Nick.  Any recommendation on what brand of batteries to use when I need to?
"No. Don't call me a hero. Do you know who the real heroes are? The guys who wake up every morning and go in their normal jobs and get a distress call from the commissioner and take off their glasses and change into capes and fly around fighting crime. Those are the real heroes."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 03:57:20 PM »
thanks guys, new batteries it is.  +T to both of you.
- Dwight Schrute

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 04:02:13 PM »
Good to know, thanks Nick.  Any recommendation on what brand of batteries to use when I need to?

I have had good success with Lithiums....gotten almost 4.5 hours without a problem..didnt push it.  you may want to look into some high capacity rechargeables...believe that they sell 2400 maha now....search this site for some detail to calculate runtimes (believe it is on here somewhere) and www.thomasdistributing.com is a good retailer...

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 04:04:39 PM »

I have had good success with Lithiums....gotten almost 4.5 hours without a problem..didnt push it.  you may want to look into some high capacity rechargeables...believe that they sell 2400 maha now....search this site for some detail to calculate runtimes (believe it is on here somewhere) and www.thomasdistributing.com is a good retailer...

Rechargeables might make sense now that the sbm-1 is the only thing I run all the time that needs external power.  Of course, I still have the d8 but with the jb3 I run that less and less.  It'd be nice to not have to lug around the sla.  I will definitely check that site out.
- Dwight Schrute

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 04:09:25 PM »
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=24870.msg327665#msg327665

I ran these at the Toledo PJ show, so you know how long that was. 2 in the d100 lasted the whole 5 hrs. minus maybe 30 min between sets and was on 1 bar. 4 in the modsbm lasted the whole time and was still on 4 bars.

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 04:22:41 PM »

I ran these at the Toledo PJ show, so you know how long that was. 2 in the d100 lasted the whole 5 hrs. minus maybe 30 min between sets and was on 1 bar. 4 in the modsbm lasted the whole time and was still on 4 bars.

is that including the Death Cab for Cutie set?
- Dwight Schrute

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 04:26:19 PM »

Yeah, from about 7:10pm until 11:40pm(?)

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 05:08:25 PM »
nimh rechargables in the sbm-1 work great -- With lower capacity, older 1,600mah rechargables I could go for an entire opening act plus first set (3+ hours) without problem.  I'd routinely change over to a fresh set for the second set of a headlining act, but suspect the sbm-1 would've lasted on the original batts for that too.

Offline Rick

• Trade Count: (1)
    • My Recordings
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 05:52:07 PM »
believe that they sell 2400 maha now....search this site for some detail to calculate runtimes (believe it is on here somewhere) and www.thomasdistributing.com is a good retailer...

Energizer has 2500 mAh AA NiMH Rechargeable batteries. Home Depot has a 4 pack with charger for $20. Or Target sells 4 packs for $10 if you have a charger allready
Retired Taper

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 06:02:47 PM »

Yeah, from about 7:10pm until 11:40pm(?)

Wow I'm sold.  I think I might pick up a set of 8 tonight!  +Ts around
- Dwight Schrute

Offline wbrisette

• Homepage
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 09:28:38 AM »
my SLA is down with an undiagnosed problem and in the mean time, I'm forced to use AA's in the sbm-1. 

Dave:

If you have a local place that sells SLA batteries, you might check into that option. For the price of about three packs large packs of AA batteries you could have a backup battery if you did it yourself (and it's really not that hard to build them yourself). I probably have about about a dozen SLA batteries (mix of 12v and 6v) around the house.

The directions for building your own are on this site.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline thoman8r

• Let's go Pens!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2004, 09:48:39 AM »
my SLA is down with an undiagnosed problem and in the mean time, I'm forced to use AA's in the sbm-1.

Dave:

If you have a local place that sells SLA batteries, you might check into that option. For the price of about three packs large packs of AA batteries you could have a backup battery if you did it yourself (and it's really not that hard to build them yourself). I probably have about about a dozen SLA batteries (mix of 12v and 6v) around the house.

The directions for building your own are on this site.

Wayne

Yeah, the sla I have now is of the home-brewed variety, which is probably part of the problem.  Mostly I just don't feel like lugging one around anymore if I don't have to.
- Dwight Schrute

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com