Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone ever use M-Audio Duo?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Anyone ever use M-Audio Duo?
« on: January 02, 2007, 03:20:20 PM »
Funny thing, just found one sitting the closet with a bunch of dishes at the orffice.  It says stand alone USB mic pre/ a/d converter 24/96.  Worth testing to see if this is worth keeping?  Thanks in advance.
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: Anyone ever use M-Audio Duo?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 07:26:54 PM »
ive heard of a couple people using them, i believe it has to be used via usb and a computer???

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:37:04 PM »
It looks to be a couple years older.  It has a button on the front that says stand alone mode to engage and disengage.  I don't have a plug around that will fit it so it will be a couple more days to get power options.  Anyone ever hack one of these open?  If it works maybe I'll have someone mod it.  Thanks again.
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline poorlyconditioned

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a tapir!
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »
It looks to be a couple years older.  It has a button on the front that says stand alone mode to engage and disengage.  I don't have a plug around that will fit it so it will be a couple more days to get power options.  Anyone ever hack one of these open?  If it works maybe I'll have someone mod it.  Thanks again.
Barrett

Should work standalone.  Problem is it needs *AC* power.  9V I think.  My guess is it uses some kind of voltage doubler to get +/-12V or something for the opamps inside.

I would love to see the GUTS though.  Please post cute pics for me if you get the cover off!

Richard
Mics: Sennheiser MKE2002 (dummy head), Studio Projects C4, AT825 (unmodded), AT822 franken mic (x2), AT853(hc,c,sc,o), Senn. MKE2, Senn MKE40, Shure MX183/5, CA Cards, homebrew Panasonic and Transsound capsules.
Pre/ADC: Presonus Firepod & Firebox, DMIC20(x2), UA5(poorly-modded, AD8620+AD8512opamps), VX440
Recorders: Edirol R4, R09, IBM X24 laptop, NJB3(x2), HiMD(x2), MD(1).
** This individual has moved to user "illconditioned" **

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 02:47:09 AM »
Barrett

Should work standalone.  Problem is it needs *AC* power.  9V I think.  My guess is it uses some kind of voltage doubler to get +/-12V or something for the opamps inside.

I would love to see the GUTS though.  Please post cute pics for me if you get the cover off!

Richard

I had one and they were great. The preamp when max'd out is nothing to write home about but hey they work ok. I used one for my Smaart rig into my laptop for live sound analysis. Very flat preamp with low selfnoise. Not in the same league as a UA5 but for $50-100 used they can not be beat for value. They run from ac voltage of around 12 volts or so.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com