Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: microtrack won't turn back on!  (Read 2006 times)

Offline pwig

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
microtrack won't turn back on!
« on: July 17, 2007, 11:11:56 PM »

I updated to the latest firmaware version and the microtrack rebooted and turned back off. i cannot get the device to power on at this point using the power button, through charging or connecting to the computer.

please help, i have a show to tape on wednesday!

Offline jtessier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: microtrack won't turn back on!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »

I updated to the latest firmaware version and the microtrack rebooted and turned back off. i cannot get the device to power on at this point using the power button, through charging or connecting to the computer.

please help, i have a show to tape on wednesday!

Without even reading your post, I knew you had probably updated the unit.  What card did you use to do the update (not that it helps, I'm just curious)?  No one who has used the original card has suffered a failed update (that I know of).  M-Audio also has a doc/tutorial on their site somewhere that recommends using that card to perform the update. If the flash upgrade fails it needs to be sent back to M-Audio for repair or replacement (heck if replaced, maybe you'll get one with a fresh battery (always looking for the silver lining).

Sorry there's not better news but I just figured I'd lay it out straight.

J.T.

Offline JoeKiller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Duo!
    • JoeKiller.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
jtessier is probably right but try leaving it on the charger for a while, it might turn back on.  Otherwise, call m-audio
spc4>mme>mt

Archive List

Offline svenkid

• Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 04:15:39 PM »
same thing happenned to me, updated to 1.4.6 and bam! lights out. called m-audio, after some discussion with custome service, an agreement was reached to replace the unit even though the warranty had expired.
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline guysonic

• Taperssection All-Star
  • WISDOM FOR ALL TIMES
    • Sonic Studios DSM Stereo-Surround Microphone Systems
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 10:06:37 PM »
It's worth repeating the posted advice to use only the small capacity card (like that originally supplied with the MT) when performing firmware updates.  Using a different or larger capacity CF card for firmware update is asking for trouble.
"mics? I no got no mics!  Besides, I no have to show you no stink'n mics!" stxxlth taper's disclaimer

DSM HRTF STEREO-SURROUND RECORDING SYSTEMS WEBSITE: http://www.sonicstudios.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com