Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Proporta Turbocharger 5000 questions...can anyone help?  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Seth01

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Proporta Turbocharger 5000 questions...can anyone help?
« on: May 29, 2011, 08:40:30 PM »
So I need something relatively inexpensive to give phantom power to my new Busman's over the festival season while I wait for Jon to finalize the new Littlebox v1.5.  I figured I'd just take power from my Zoom H4n and then get a battery for it.  I realize that the H4n's built in pre sucks but figure my tapes will have to suffer for the short term. :'(   

I've found the Proporta Turbocharger 5000mAh may be just the thing but I was wondering if any of you in the know can confirm a couple of things for me before I take the plunge.
Here's a link to the product.  BTW, it seems to be much cheaper on Amazon than buying directly from the manufacturer.
  • The "charger's" output is 5V 1.5A.  Apparently it's designed for products that charge through your USB ports.  My H4n's AC in is 5V's 1A.  Shouldn't be a problem, right?
  • It doesn't come with an adapter that fits my H4n...I figured maybe I'd just ask Ted to make me a cable for this.
Can anyone help me out with this?  Does this sound/look like a good temporary solution or are there some issues I'm not seeing/getting?  Thanks very much in advance for any replies.   ;D
Mics: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14 cards, CA-11 omnis, CAFS, Naiant X-X omnis, AT853 cards (with 4.7k mod)
Pres: Naiant Bigbox, CA-9100, CA-UGLY, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Sony M-10, Zoom H4n, Edirol R-09 (retired)
Archive
eTree
Dime
YouTube Channel

Offline Seth01

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Proporta Turbocharger 5000 questions...can anyone help?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 03:19:27 AM »
In the end, I just needed something quick and dirty to last me through the festival season.  Although not nearly as sexy as the Proporta device, I picked up this for much cheaper while I wait on the Naiant.
Mics: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4, CA-14 cards, CA-11 omnis, CAFS, Naiant X-X omnis, AT853 cards (with 4.7k mod)
Pres: Naiant Bigbox, CA-9100, CA-UGLY, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: Sony M-10, Zoom H4n, Edirol R-09 (retired)
Archive
eTree
Dime
YouTube Channel

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com