Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone heard of altman??They are here in Germany...  (Read 3831 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Anyone heard of altman??They are here in Germany...
« on: February 18, 2005, 10:35:56 AM »
http://www.mother-of-tone.com/creation.htm

I am looking to build a audio system and someone HIGHLY reccomended them to me..
ANyone know about them/??
Ray

BobW

Re: Anyone heard of altman??They are here in Germany...
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 09:05:48 AM »
I believe that if I am reading this right, the stereo in my '72 Chevy Nova, when parked, was kick-ass       ;D

The real answer, Ray, is to listen to it.
The margin on a Є 750  ten-watt solid-state, DC powered amp makes me want to go into the business.
I think that is like $1000 per 2x3 inch circuit board stuck to a large piece of pine !

I think that this is much hokum.  But, I've never heard it.    8)

Ray76

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
I believe that if I am reading this right, the stereo in my '72 Chevy Nova, when parked, was kick-ass       ;D

The margin on a Є 750  ten-watt solid-state, DC powered amp makes me want to go into the business.
I think that is like $1000 per 2x3 inch circuit board stuck to a large piece of pine !

I dont understand that message, it is too cryptic for me...SOmeone over here suggested em, and I was just curious if anyone had heard of em please explain ???...Ray

BobW

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 10:02:47 AM »

I dont understand that message, it is too cryptic for me...SOmeone over here suggested em, and I was just curious if anyone had heard of em please explain ???...Ray

A piece of pine is worth about $3. The Little Solid State amp is worth about $50, in my guess-timation.
I think the price is very over the top and the company is full of themselves.
At first glance, I thought that the site was a spoof on high-end audiophiles.
WTF ?!!!

The only Altman that I've heard of is a high-end violin bow maker.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 10:09:29 AM by Ohm »

Ray76

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »

Yeah that is a weird site bud. I agree..SOmeone mentioned em to me, but I am glad I asked here!
Ray+T

A piece of pine is worth about $3. The Little Solid State amp is worth about $50, in my guess-timation.
I think the price is very over the top and the company is full of themselves.
At first glance, I thought that the site was a spoof on high-end audiophiles.
WTF ?!!!

The only Altman that I've heard of is a high-end violin bow maker.

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2005, 11:04:52 AM »
Ray, If you are coming home in September, you might consider waiting to buy when you get here.  You can easiliy burn 8 months auditioning pieces and doing research.

Most of the units on audiogon are in North America, so you will pay shipping to get them to you in Europe.  Anytime you ship you run the risk of trashing something.

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Ray76

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2005, 11:18:43 AM »
Ray, If you are coming home in September, you might consider waiting to buy when you get here.  You can easiliy burn 8 months auditioning pieces and doing research.

Most of the units on audiogon are in North America, so you will pay shipping to get them to you in Europe.  Anytime you ship you run the risk of trashing something.

Yeah, that is true I suppose. I am just tired of listenin to this old sorry stero though...Thanks guys.+T
Ray

BobW

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2005, 11:28:34 AM »
What are you listening to ?
Maybe a small improvement could give you a change to hold you over....

Ray76

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2005, 12:02:58 PM »

I am currently listening to basically an old compnent system...Put together piecemeal when I thought the PX sold "good" equipment!HAHAHAHHA/.....I am not interested in soemthin to tide me over, but somehitn good. Now that I have heard a lot of high quality stuff is sold in europe, I want to take advantage of it.....The army is payin THE FULL COST of the shipping, and will FULLY reimburse for any damaged goods, so I want to get somethin nice...I am not worried about shipping cost..Kinda like the reason my wife is buyin a BMW..tax free, and ships for free..Same thing with me and music gear...Tax freee also, and ships for free....
Ray

BobW

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 12:20:36 PM »

I am currently listening to basically an old compnent system...Put together piecemeal when I thought the PX sold "good" equipment!HAHAHAHHA/.....I am not interested in soemthin to tide me over, but somehitn good. Now that I have heard a lot of high quality stuff is sold in europe, I want to take advantage of it.....The army is payin THE FULL COST of the shipping, and will FULLY reimburse for any damaged goods, so I want to get somethin nice...I am not worried about shipping cost..Kinda like the reason my wife is buyin a BMW..tax free, and ships for free..Same thing with me and music gear...Tax freee also, and ships for free....
Ray

nice.  I'm feeling patriotic again. It's the least they can do for you.

Does the USO do anything for you guys ? I donated to them in my Dad's name for Christmas.
I was wondering if it was worth it.

PM'd on my dream stereo, nothing too esoteric, tho'

Ray76

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 12:29:08 PM »
The USO doesnt do anything much, seems to me they take a lot of fat army spouses on shopping trips to poland, and occasionally organizes a nice trip to lloret de mar or whatever, but I dont see much that they do really. The biggest place they help i think is downrange in the desert and such, gettin robin williams and toby keith(bleeckkkhh) and other celebs to perform for the troops...I really dont see much that they do, but then again, I have never been in a position to need much help...The biggest thing that helped over here was a while ago some charity had that "phone cards" deal whereas atandt sent a bunch of phone cards to troops..that was really nice...Oh, and I tell ya what, I aint sellin what I get, I buy for lifetime, man!
Ray

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com