Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone updated SlimServer yet?  (Read 2499 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
anyone updated SlimServer yet?
« on: January 23, 2007, 01:55:47 PM »
I'm getting a link in the web interface to upgrade, considering doing so, but looking for some opinions... I looked at slimdevices forums, and a lot of the talk there is about things not working, but it doesn't seem like there are pervasive problems...

tia
pf
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: anyone updated SlimServer yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 02:41:47 PM »
thanks man, I do have my playlists backing up nightly, but haven't been doing so with the config files... Its extremely stable right now, I'm just wondering what I'd be missing by not upgrading.

btw, I'm going to get an SB3 really soon.  Possibly within the next couple days!    ;D

edit: ordered.   :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 02:53:17 PM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Colin Liston

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 03:24:03 PM »
I updated my sllimserver and the firmware last night.  But I haven't played around with it much, so I don't know how stable it is yet.  Guess I'll find out...
Occasionally....music mics record

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »

Can't go wrong with the 30 day return option.  Are you going to run wireless or wired?

I have the wire run, but I was gonna go wireless.... perhaps I'll go wired if its significantly better.  I was hoping to be able to take it all over my house seamlessly using the wifi, but I'm not going to be upset if that can't happen.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Daryan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 02:45:47 PM »

Can't go wrong with the 30 day return option.  Are you going to run wireless or wired?

I have the wire run, but I was gonna go wireless.... perhaps I'll go wired if its significantly better.  I was hoping to be able to take it all over my house seamlessly using the wifi, but I'm not going to be upset if that can't happen.

It will make no audible differnce wired or wireless.  I think you will be quite happy!
Microtech Gefell 200/210->Zaolla Silverlines->Fostex FR-2 (oade modified plus other self mods)

Playback: Bolder modified Squeezebox SB3 (building linear power supply)->Bolder Cable Modified Panasonic XR-45 with bybee's->Bolder Nitro speaker cables->VMPS Audio super modified 626r's, VMPS Larger SUB, 1000w class AB sub amp
Tweaks: isolation and room treatments, silclear, BPT 1.5r Power Conditioner (modified), isoblocks, vibrapods, many others

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com