Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: anyone use a USB stick into a car stereo?  (Read 2305 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
anyone use a USB stick into a car stereo?
« on: June 14, 2007, 01:36:01 PM »
Hey! I recently bought a new CD player for my car stereo. It as SD and USB inputs. I didn't plan to use them but then saw a USB 2gig stick for $20 this week at Best Buy. Bought it. I am wondering how to organize the music on them? I misplaced the manual for the stereo so I thought I would post here while I look. Anyone ever do this? It would be a good way to listen to reference mixes with much ease. Direct digital!

ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline cheshirecat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: anyone use a USB stick into a car stereo?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 01:46:28 PM »
Whats the make/model of the stereo... any info on the mfg. web site?
SB2 / Rega P1 > Modified Dynaco PAS2 > Modified Dynaco MK-IV monoblocks> Axiom M22 v2

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:33 PM »
VRCD400SDU

After I posted it dawned on me to look for a PDF. Found one. Basically said that it will go from folder to folder or file to file. I don't think it will look at metadata to determine what the track order is. That would be awesome. I guess you would have to edit the file names to add "d1t1, d1t2, etc" for the proper playback order. I'll test it out. It displays metadata but not enough letters at a time. It scrolls through the info but I wish it could display more data at once. That would be sweet. Still really convenient for small amount of music. Hook up an external USB drive and you would crash looking for a specific recording on this one.

ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 03:57:15 PM »
that's awesome.  I was wondering if and when something like this would ever happen.  I think you're right about the metadata - it would have to build a database in order to play the files in the right way, and I doubt it has that capability.  Still very cool though.  FWIW, the prog mp3tag (free) will do mass renames that follow the format [tracknum] - [tracktitle].  Would work nicely for your needs, I reckon.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline attheshow

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:25:17 PM »
I have a Kenwood MP3 CD Player that has a USB input and works in the same manner. Here's how I organize my tracks:

/Bandname - Album title (or Date Venue)/01- track1title.mp3
/Bandname - Album title (or Date Venue)/02- track2title.mp3
/Bandname - Album title (or Date Venue)/03- track3title.mp3
/Bandname - Album title (or Date Venue)/04- track4title.mp3
/Bandname - Album title (or Date Venue)/05- track5title.mp3

etc.

Make sure you use the leading zero on the track number, else it will play 1,10,11,12...

Good Luck!
Mics: MM-HLSC-1, ECM-737, ECM-719
Recorders: R09, MZ-RH1, MZ-R70, MBP
BBox: Greenmachine DIY, CA-UBB (on the way!)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.054 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com