Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Smartphone (iOS or Android) recording options  (Read 2503 times)

Offline TAlderson

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Smartphone (iOS or Android) recording options
« on: December 01, 2013, 11:36:20 PM »
Looking to upgrade my phone soon, and contemplating a few options. I was wondering what's out there for Apple and Android devices in terms of recording interfaces and apps. Since my phone is always in my pocket, I figure it could make a good emergency/backup option. I know Tascam makes some add-ons for iPhones, but has anyone used these? Are there any similar ones for other phones? And what sort of apps do you guys use?

I'd be very interested in something small that could supply plug-in power enough to run the small SP-BMC-2s I have, which I like to clip to my lapels for quick and easy recording.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 11:39:04 PM by TAlderson »

Offline 2manyrocks

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Smartphone (iOS or Android) recording options
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 12:47:23 PM »
I started a thread on recording with an android tablet a while back.  http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=164573.msg2059081#msg2059081

I haven't really pursued it beyond the initial experiment which showed that it was possible to record onto a Hero Hisense pro 7 tablet via a Focusrite 2i2 preamp powering a couple of condenser mics.  I have no idea how long the battery would last.  The whole thing stuck me as one of those computer tech driven things where you have to be sure that device A works with device B or it doesn't work. 

But with NFC tablet communications being able to control cameras like the Panasonic G6, the day may be coming when you can set up a camera down front and video the whole show with audio from your seat anywhere in the house.   Would have to change the name from TS to VS.   

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Smartphone (iOS or Android) recording options
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:18:19 PM »
Fwiw I don't think tascam has updated yet to the lightning port
I have used the app for recording things for fun and the app works fine
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com