Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sound Pro's Prem Binaurals?  (Read 5328 times)

Offline stunt_show

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
Sound Pro's Prem Binaurals?
« on: August 28, 2003, 05:14:03 AM »
Hi there,

I am looking to mainly do stealth-type recordings, and the guy I am looking to buy from is offering:

Sound Professionals Premium Binaurals in stealth croakies (used)...

Does anyone have any experience with these?  I hope I have been descriptive enough.  Interested to know more experienced users' thoughts on this.

I plan to record to DAT (D-100) or Hard-Drive based (like Nomad Jukebox 3)....

Anyhow, looking forward to replies!  This forum is excellent...

Regards,

stunt_show

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Sound Pro's Prem Binaurals?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 06:06:08 AM »
here's how it works:

you slide the croakies onto your glasses so that one capsule is on each side, and wear the glasses like you normally would so your head is used as a baffle.  quasi-HRTF style?

The cord running out from your croakies will run down your back to a battery box that will fit nicely into your back pocket.  The battery box will have switchable roll-off meaning you can change the frequency at which the bass is rolled-off.  

From there, the battery box will be connected to your recording device.  In my case, I have a MD recorder in my front pocket, but I doubt either the D100 o the JB3 will fit there.  You might wanna try bringing a phanny back or bookbag or sweat shirt into the show to hide that.  Since this is a "binaural" setup you may need to run mic-in on the deck to get your Battery box to work  ??? I'm not sure about that tho, I'm just regurgitating what I read.  

Best thing to do is to play with your rig when you get it ;)
Get to know it well, and you will have a much easier time setting up in the dark and pressing buttons :)

hope this helped

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com