Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

Anyone tried 5V external (USB) power for MixPre?

(1/4) > >>

bryonsos:
Does it work? Thanks in advance!

rastasean:
interesting question! I have never seen the mixpre cable terminated to USB before but i guess that doesn't mean its not possible. Are you going to make it or ask ted to make one?

bryonsos:
I can't think why it wouldn't work since it's rated for 5-17 VDC. Unless somebody speaks up and says it doesn't work, I'll get Ted to build me one. I've got a USB battery I bought to power a 661 that I just sold, so I'm trying to find another use for it. I'll let you know if it works out.

page:

--- Quote from: bryonsos on December 31, 2011, 05:10:29 PM ---I can't think why it wouldn't work since it's rated for 5-17 VDC. Unless somebody speaks up and says it doesn't work, I'll get Ted to build me one. I've got a USB battery I bought to power a 661 that I just sold, so I'm trying to find another use for it. I'll let you know if it works out.

--- End quote ---

what's the amperage draw rating on it?

Jamos:
Bumping an old topic.
Anyone try this recently? 

I just had a couple USB > Hirose cables made, and want to power the MixPre from a RavPower Li-ion USB battery.

With this rig connected, the MixPre seems to power up and pass signal fine, but the Power LED does not light on it.
It does light when powered via AA batteries.

I'm going to run some tests tomorrow to see how long it can go.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version