Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony PCM-D50 process error  (Read 3543 times)

Offline williammont

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Sony PCM-D50 process error
« on: July 12, 2015, 02:53:15 PM »
Hi
My Sony PCM-D50 has suddenly developed a significant problem. It records OK, and I can move the audio I record on to my computer. However, I can't play audio from the device itself. I get a 'Process Error' message.
The manual says that if this problem persists after turning the machine off then I need to contact Sony. As the recorder has been superseded I doubt that I'd be able to get much help, or an affordable repair, from the company.
I've tried reformatting the memory, but that doesn't help. The machine is also freezing occasionally.
I'm very fond of the machine, which works really well with my mics. Has anyone ever solved this problem?
Thanks
Will

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
Re: Sony PCM-D50 process error
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:42:57 AM »
Have you tried a different memory card?
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

Offline williammont

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 07:52:06 AM »
I just use the onboard 4gb.
After a few of hours of fiddling with it yesterday it began to come back to life. The problem is now intermittent - the play button sometimes works. I'm wondering whether exposure to sea air a couple of months ago might have done some damage internally.

ilduclo

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
Sony is not real good on repairs.  They will repair it, but it's a pretty significant cost, mine was 200$, but seems to be fixed ok. Good luck!

Offline dogmusic

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »
I just use the onboard 4gb.
After a few of hours of fiddling with it yesterday it began to come back to life. The problem is now intermittent - the play button sometimes works. I'm wondering whether exposure to sea air a couple of months ago might have done some damage internally.

Try taking out the batteries for awhile and then putting them back in and turning on the unit. This may do a reset.

I would also try a memory card with it to see if it's just the internal memory that is the problem.
"The ear is much more than a mere appendage on the side of the head." - Catherine Parker Anthony, Structure and Function of the Human Body (1972)

"That's metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?" - Firesign Theatre

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com