Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

mini mixer

(1/7) > >>

weroflu:
Working on an altoids sized 6x2 balanced mic pre mixer.
That 1510 pre's, phase, phantom, mute, 3.5mm balanced input jack, bourns volume pot
dedicated panning per channel, no fancy pan(ts)

Shots of preamp card, sd card adaptor included for scale. Just finished soldering the card, could easily get slaughtered with testing, cold joints and a million other design error.

weroflu:
Pic of  5 boards attached. Middle purple is the backplane. From top down on left are summing/master card, bipolar supply, p48 supply. Rightmost is the channel strip/preamp card.

For scale the bipolar supply component area is half the size of a thumbnail. I actually got all 15 or so  parts soldered onto one of these but it was a disaster when testing, smoke and then a sizzle and pop so back to the drawing board. Found some pins bridged on the ic probably caused by me in overheating, esd, or other beginner's mistake.

Going to try for round 2 this week with the bipolar supply and then the channel card.  I found applying solder paste on the small pads was just too difficult without a stencil so did the passives with an iron.

weroflu:
preamp/channel strip is working
bipolar supply working
phantom supply working
summing card soldered but untested

birdseye of cards sitting in chassis, 9V battery for scale
2nd pic left to right: summing card, phantom supply, bipolar supply, channel strip

Gutbucket:
Wow that's tight work!  Good to see your progress on all this.

Whippoorwill:
any updates?
amazing to see...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version