Gear / Technical Help > Photo / Video Recording

7.8gb mp4 File - Clueless

(1/3) > >>

mfrench:
I have an mp4 file of a concert video with my audio tracks. It is the whole concert in one file, of 7.8gb.  I realize that it is too large for a single disc burn. I have no idea about video, video files, etc.
I'd like to get it burned to DVD(s) without damaging it, or screwing it up.
I run a Mac Mini, and am mildly knowledgeable (dangerous) with it.

Help. Please and thanks.

beatkilla:
What are the properties of the video?

Is it HD or SD?

xjsb125:
7.8GB should fit on a dual layer DVD. Whether the video is in High Definition, or Standard Definition, will determine what issues you may have burning it, and playing it back. Most newer DVD and Blu-ray players have the ability to read a variety of video files burned to disc and play them back. Some can even play them off a USB jump drive.

if_then_else:
You could also split the original file into smaller chunks e.g. via mp4box (for *.mp4 containers) or tsmuxergui (for *.mts or *.ts containers). Each of these individual files could be played via mplayer, vlc etc. and, if necessary, they could be merged again via mp4box, tsmuxergui or simply cat or "copy /b".

Gil:
If it's a playable DVD you're after, you'll need to transcode it to mpeg2 in order to author a DVD. If you're looking to use a single-layer DVD you could use a lower bitrate when transcoding.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version