Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Internal mics question  (Read 64022 times)

Offline nak700s

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Internal mics question
« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:35 PM »

Barclays new for me but have done Madison Square Garden many times.  Last time was David Gilmour.  It's a tough one but I have a method that has worked for me.  We should definitely try and meet up for a beer or two in any event.

Barclays is a bitch, but if it works at MSG, stick with it, but be extra precautious.  I avoid that place like the plague...but part of that for me is getting there and back is more than a pain in the ass.  MSG is a direct train ride for me...if I can meet up at that time, I definitely will.  If I had the money, I would have snagged a ticket for Clapton in a heartbeat.  Love Waters (music, not him), but if I was able to afford that ticket, I'd see him at Nassau Coliseum because it's local for me.  At least I've seen and recorded both.
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2017, 07:03:20 PM »

Barclays new for me but have done Madison Square Garden many times.  Last time was David Gilmour.  It's a tough one but I have a method that has worked for me.  We should definitely try and meet up for a beer or two in any event.

Barclays is a bitch, but if it works at MSG, stick with it, but be extra precautious.  I avoid that place like the plague...but part of that for me is getting there and back is more than a pain in the ass.  MSG is a direct train ride for me...if I can meet up at that time, I definitely will.  If I had the money, I would have snagged a ticket for Clapton in a heartbeat.  Love Waters (music, not him), but if I was able to afford that ticket, I'd see him at Nassau Coliseum because it's local for me.  At least I've seen and recorded both.

MSG is easiest for me too, my friend who I stay with is 3 subways stops away.  I am pretty well versed with walkthroughs and wands out here so I will be prepared.  Lets figure out a plan,

Offline nak700s

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2017, 07:15:03 PM »

MSG is easiest for me too, my friend who I stay with is 3 subways stops away.  I am pretty well versed with walkthroughs and wands out here so I will be prepared.  Lets figure out a plan,

:coolguy: :cheers:
Normal: Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD 744T (or) Sony PCM-M10
Normal: Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD 744T
Fun times: 3 Crown CM-700's >> SD 302 >> SD744T + 2 Nakamichi CM-700's >> SD744T
Stealth: CA-14c >> CA 9200 >> Edirol R-09HR
Ultra stealth: AudioReality >> AudioReality battery box >> Edirol R-09HR
Simple & Sweet!

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #168 on: August 24, 2017, 05:05:54 AM »
this is from before I even knew what I was doing with the internals.

werd:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=599523

internal mic recording from 4 years ago. and it sounds fantastic.

now that I know what I'm doing, this may be easier than I thought.

I'm gonna hit Winwood and Mavis regardless of what Douchespy does.

as I don't expect her to walk the walk.

#wordsarecheap
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #169 on: August 24, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »

werd:

#wordsarecheap

Crawl back under your rock.  I am sure you picked those shows because you saw I was going to be out of town.  My trip was booked last October and has been discussed on this thread and others.   Why don't you postpone your trip for this http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2017/     It is free,  just your style. 

Doesn't matter what you do, your recordings aren't any good.   Doesn't matter how hard you fluff them.   I'm sure you plan on doing Winwood from the last row since there are no good seats available I would tape from.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:02:14 AM by daspyknows »

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Southern Shelter
« Reply #170 on: August 24, 2017, 10:53:36 AM »

werd:

#wordsarecheap

Crawl back under your rock.  I am sure you picked those shows because you saw I was going to be out of town.  My trip was booked last October and has been discussed on this thread and others.   Why don't you postpone your trip for this http://www.hardlystrictlybluegrass.com/2017/     It is free,  just your style. 

Doesn't matter what you do, your recordings aren't any good.   Doesn't matter how hard you fluff them.   I'm sure you plan on doing Winwood from the last row since there are no good seats available I would tape from.

While you are visiting don't forget visiting the Castro for seeds so you can them ballsdeep.

If you need a gay slur to make fun of Steve you're just as dumb as he is.

Offline daspyknows

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #171 on: August 24, 2017, 11:01:45 AM »
That I will apologize for.

Offline lsd2525

• Trade Count: (18)
  • Eschew obfuscation
« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2017, 12:05:22 PM »
This thread needs a good 'ol fashioned Dillon Fries rant......
Mics: SKM184's; ADK A51s; AT4041; Superlux S502; CK91 active w/homebrew BB; AT853; Naiant X-X; Nak 300's
Recorders: M10; DR-60D; DR-701D

mfrench

« Reply #173 on: August 25, 2017, 12:37:00 AM »
TS old school

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #174 on: August 25, 2017, 10:36:50 AM »
This thread needs a good 'ol fashioned Dillon Fries rant......
:cheers:
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #175 on: August 26, 2017, 08:51:21 PM »
this recording is a *perfect* example of why I would never, ever spend a dime on Schoepps mics, or use a mic stand.

what an utterly, muddy burpy mess.

everything to the left of 400hz is jumping up to +10-+12dB, then by the time you get to 1khz, the entire spectrum struggles to hit -12dB (nee: no mids or highs)

it *could* be fixed with some moderate EQ, but as is, what a waste.

smh:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=594883
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:53:16 PM by furburger »
-------------
people who are fans of the music, they LOVE what I document and capture...people who are fans of themselves....not so much.

Offline furburger

• Taperssection All-Star
  • UH-LASS-KUH
« Reply #176 on: August 26, 2017, 08:57:36 PM »

werd:

#wordsarecheap

please don't flatter yourself, you're not so important that I pay attention to what you're doing...it's always a bunch of tired oldhead garbage anyways...

if I want a good Winwood seat, I get a good Winwood seat...money is not an object at this stage of the game...I just choose to not waste it on fluffed microphones.

my recordings actually are pretty good, sorry to break it to you...

go have fun with the AARP crowd...I'll just keep doing my thing.

:knew you'd run scared:
-------------

Offline dmcculh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2017, 02:58:34 AM »
this recording is a *perfect* example of why I would never, ever spend a dime on Schoepps mics, or use a mic stand.

what an utterly, muddy burpy mess.

everything to the left of 400hz is jumping up to +10-+12dB, then by the time you get to 1khz, the entire spectrum struggles to hit -12dB (nee: no mids or highs)

it *could* be fixed with some moderate EQ, but as is, what a waste.

smh:

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=594883

Appreciate the feedback, good or bad. You're right, I did not do any post EQ; I certainly don't claim to be an expert in post. Actually with the way the venue sounded and where I was positioned, I'm thinking my AT hyper might end up sounding better. Hopefully will get some time to go through that source soon. Were you at the show? I met someone early on in the night who I never caught his name. I think you're hitting a couple shows this tour, hope you enjoy them.

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Qualified
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2017, 08:02:22 AM »

Appreciate the feedback, good or bad. You're right, I did not do any post EQ; I certainly don't claim to be an expert in post. Actually with the way the venue sounded and where I was positioned, I'm thinking my AT hyper might end up sounding better. Hopefully will get some time to go through that source soon. Were you at the show? I met someone early on in the night who I never caught his name. I think you're hitting a couple shows this tour, hope you enjoy them.

So you're agreeing that your tape is a "mess"? I downloaded it and, using the dragonfly and AT cans for playback, it sounds fine. He is using the audio equivalent of a Polaroid camera, so his feedback might not be the best gauge.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 08:14:31 AM by larrysellers »

Offline dmcculh

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2017, 09:03:39 AM »

So you're agreeing that your tape is a "mess"? I downloaded it and, using the dragonfly and AT cans for playback, it sounds fine. He is using the audio equivalent of a Polaroid camera, so his feedback might not be the best gauge.

It actually sounds better than I was expecting given the room and my position, which I'm happy about. I very much enjoyed listening to it again while tracking it, which is what I think matters. What I do agree with is that I don't have enough experience yet to EQ well and hence don't. I'm sure my tapes could sound better, and I certainly hope to get there with more experience, but I am still learning. Appreciate your feedback  :cheers:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.13 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com