Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Anyone know whats going on with Leonard at Sonic Studios???

(1/4) > >>

celticray:
Ive used a HR09, pager size sonic studios preamp, and DSM mics to stealth for the last 10 years and have had good results. Usually rock/jazz concerts.  A few weeks ago I sent the dsm mics in for a minor repair after corresponding with Leonard around May.  Like an idiot I just sent them insured without requiring a signature.  Over the years he has been extremely helpful so I didnt really think twice about this.... now I find out that I have no contact with him via email or phone.   I hope he is alright as this is out of character....Does anyone know whats going on?

Ive got something I want to pull in a month and I'm about to give up hope on getting the DSM mics back; so Im thinking about plan B.   I have always wanted to upgrade the method/equipment but probably cant drop 3k at one time and a two week turnaround probably wont work for ordering great mics.
Can anyone recommend stealth mics that would be compatable with the HR09 and PA-SX preamp?? Im now thinking of getting a sony pcm-d100 and then getting mics and something like a USBPre2 later on.  In the meantime I would attempt to pull the shows with the sony internal mics.   Other archivist's may be there but I would want to try something like that.

Any ideas on how to get up and running within 3 weeks?
Please let me know if you have any status on Leonard.
Thanks!!

rocksuitcase:
Input: Monday(09-18-17) I called the number listed on his site and it came back "No Voice mail box setup"
I sent an e-mail, no reply yet.
Hope he/they are OK.

We are just looking to have an old pair of DSM's repaired, so I was willing to wait for a reply.

tedyun:
The CSBs & battery box, or the CA-14 or the AT853 with the CA-9100 would all make a fine set up and great deals here:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=183140.0

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=183629.0

--- Quote from: celticray on September 21, 2017, 09:20:30 AM ---Ive used a HR09, pager size sonic studios preamp, and DSM mics to stealth for the last 10 years and have had good results. Usually rock/jazz concerts.  A few weeks ago I sent the dsm mics in for a minor repair after corresponding with Leonard around May.  Like an idiot I just sent them insured without requiring a signature.  Over the years he has been extremely helpful so I didnt really think twice about this.... now I find out that I have no contact with him via email or phone.   I hope he is alright as this is out of character....Does anyone know whats going on?

Ive got something I want to pull in a month and I'm about to give up hope on getting the DSM mics back; so Im thinking about plan B.   I have always wanted to upgrade the method/equipment but probably cant drop 3k at one time and a two week turnaround probably wont work for ordering great mics.
Can anyone recommend stealth mics that would be compatable with the HR09 and PA-SX preamp?? Im now thinking of getting a sony pcm-d100 and then getting mics and something like a USBPre2 later on.  In the meantime I would attempt to pull the shows with the sony internal mics.   Other archivist's may be there but I would want to try something like that.

Any ideas on how to get up and running within 3 weeks?
Please let me know if you have any status on Leonard.
Thanks!!

--- End quote ---

furburger:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/leonard-lombardo-5a65b96/

https://www.facebook.com/leonard.lombardo.9

Former Owner/Operator/Retired at Sonc Studios
Former Tech, engineer, consultant, business owner, retired at IBM, Signetics, Farchild Semiconductor, EIP. National Nuclear
Studied at San Jose City College
Went to Willow Glen High School
Lives in Sutherlin, Oregon
Married
From Boulder Creek, California

not sure if any of that helps

furburger:
website is gone, so....

Sonic Studios
1311 Sunny Ct
Sutherlin, OR 97479
Title:    Owner