Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Naiant (or sound proffessionals) IPA vs PFA vs Baby nbox

(1/4) > >>

MBHOTAPER:
Stealth mode for caps only to ipa/pfa/baby nbox or other to a pcm10.
Looking for differnces. I believe someone said one has 3 gain settings so would go line in and one is just phantom power for caps and would be mic in for a pcm10.
Thanks

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):
Are you running MBHO's? (I'm guessing yes from your name).

I'm pretty sure to go into a M10 you'd need the IPA and for the HO's I think you need 2 of them.

Don't know much about the nbox.

willndmb:
PFA wouldn't work in this case because the m10 doesn't supply phantom power.
If you need two IPA then I feel it isn't worth it and would go bNBox. If you can go with one, then the IPA would be my choice.
I pref gain and line in over mic in

larrysellers:
I would say by the baby nbox but **warning** Nick is a friend of mine. I know that the gear would be able to be serviced in the future. My 20+ year old Rbox can still be repaired by the guy who made it. It runs off a standard 9v battery, allowing you to use a rechargeable battery if you choose. Also, it beats the MD every time. I would feel confident taking it into any venue in the world. NIck hard wired the mic input on my R05 (I believe he did Ed's the same way) and it is bulletproof.

daspyknows:

--- Quote from: larrysellers on November 12, 2017, 09:38:24 AM ---I would say by the baby nbox but **warning** Nick is a friend of mine. I know that the gear would be able to be serviced in the future. My 20+ year old Rbox can still be repaired by the guy who made it. It runs off a standard 9v battery, allowing you to use a rechargeable battery if you choose. Also, it beats the MD every time. I would feel confident taking it into any venue in the world. NIck hard wired the mic input on my R05 (I believe he did Ed's the same way) and it is bulletproof.

--- End quote ---

+1.  I would say the exact same thing.  Larry I think we may have 2 of the last remaining RBox's still running.  Anybody who can't get a baby NBox, Schoeps and a small recorder past security is doing something wrong.  Nick has also provided me a level of support that has saved my ass more times than I can count.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version