Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

xduoo x10 brick

(1/2) > >>

intpseeker:
Got a 'great deal on this player. Opened the box. listened to some tracks. Sounded quite good. Updated the firmware. Brick. No customer support. Bought a Fioo x5.

I have tried to update the firmware repeatedly, but nada.

Any thoughts about salvaging something from this little rig? Can I somehow wipe what is there and then attempt to reinstall?

kindms:
What was the process for the firmware upgrade ? You could try doing the same with an older version and attempt to boot off of that if it will even power on.

If plugged in to a computer is it recognized at all ?

It also mentions a reset button on the device. Any action from that ?

intpseeker:
You add the compressed file to the mini sd and when the unit boots, it should update.

The reset works infrequently. On occasion, it works as intended, and I have played a song or two but
 then it freezes.

kindms:

--- Quote from: intpseeker on November 15, 2017, 02:51:12 PM ---You add the compressed file to the mini sd and when the unit boots, it should update.

The reset works infrequently. On occasion, it works as intended, and I have played a song or two but
 then it freezes.

--- End quote ---

can you boot to the older firmware that you were using prior to upgrade ?

Sounds like bad firmware or possibly a hardware issue. I suspect firmware if it was fine prior to upgrading.

intpseeker:

--- Quote from: kindms on November 15, 2017, 03:23:04 PM ---
--- Quote from: intpseeker on November 15, 2017, 02:51:12 PM ---You add the compressed file to the mini sd and when the unit boots, it should update.

then it freezes.

--- End quote ---

This is my thought, but I can't find a copy of the v1.0 firmware.

I believe I have an expensive paperweight.

can you boot to the older firmware that you were using prior to upgrade ?

Sounds like bad firmware or possibly a hardware issue. I suspect firmware if it was fine prior to upgrading.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version