Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Audio Technica mic service?

(1/3) > >>

lsd2525:
Dropped one of my AT4041's onto asphalt (don't ask). Screen is dented in; mic seems to work but at very low output levels. I have not reached out to AT yet. Anyone have any experience with AT service, or any suggestions on who to have look at it?

Thanks in advance

DSatz:
It's been more than ten years, but I sent in an A-T electret stereo microphone, not designed for phantom powering, that had been accidentally connected to 48 Volt phantom powering. They turned it around right away as I recall, and charged no more than parts and a minimum bench fee.

lsd2525:

--- Quote from: DSatz on November 25, 2017, 05:46:32 PM ---It's been more than ten years, but I sent in an A-T electret stereo microphone, not designed for phantom powering, that had been accidentally connected to 48 Volt phantom powering. They turned it around right away as I recall, and charged no more than parts and a minimum bench fee.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!! I guess it wouldn't hurt to give them a shout

DSatz:
I think they're a really responsible outfit all around. I think quite highly of the company, from all my dealings with them and their people.

mandodon:
I contacted them about shock mount elastics for the shock mount for a 4033 I bought used and they sent me one for no charge, not even postage. Good company and people who will help you out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version