Gear / Technical Help > Cables

AKG Active Cables

(1/5) > >>

down2earthlandscaper:
Ok, not sure if this should be in "cables" or "microphones and setup", but anyway - I have some AKG's with Naiant active cables (also have the full body 480's) and I love them so far. Only thing... the Naiant active cables are really quite stiff and I find that I really have to be pretty careful about how I position the mics and then tape down the cables pretty well, otherwise the tension/force in the cable can easily push the mic out of alignment.

Getting to the point: is there an alternative active cable for the AKG that isn't so stiff? I'd love to have a cable as supple as what's on the DPA 4022's. Especially if I ever want to use these in a  >:D sort of way... The current cables I have are just so rigid that it would just about make  >:D an impossibility...

By the way, these cables are "tech flexed" so that might be contributing to the stiffness factor.

If this link works here are pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gcc4M1wkFerrv1e32

TheMetalist:
Maybe you should try Nicks Nbob cables? I love them. My cable has a 6-pin connector but I'm pretty sure he can also make these cables with two XLR's. Here's a picture:

tgakidis:
Yes, it’s the techflex.  The section after the splt can be removed.  Hit me up if you would like me to mod them.

willndmb:

--- Quote from: tgakidis on June 22, 2018, 04:47:43 AM ---Yes, it’s the techflex.  The section after the splt can be removed.  Hit me up if you would like me to mod them.

--- End quote ---
yes, 100% mine are not techflexed and very "soft"

djphrayz:

--- Quote from: tgakidis on June 22, 2018, 04:47:43 AM ---Yes, it’s the techflex.  The section after the splt can be removed.  Hit me up if you would like me to mod them.

--- End quote ---

Ted does excellent work and is a great communicator.  You can trust him with your valuable gear, and he typically has great turnaround time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version