Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best CDR  (Read 20644 times)

Offline dhora

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Best CDR
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2005, 10:05:33 PM »
I use TDK discs. Haven't had a problem with them. Spindle of 100 is $25 at costco.
AT853h,o, AT831c > AT831 (SP-CMC-2) > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3
Shows on the Archive: http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Dave%20Hora%22

Offline Nomad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2005, 10:39:10 PM »
TY's are great. The problem with Name brands is they change there supplier's from time to time. Many Big brands have changed from Japanese to Tawainese which is a big step down. Many big name brands would us TY but now dont. The TY's have frosted center wich makes them easy to recognize. Pro disk are also good but I dont think Mitsui are worth the big bucks. I order for www.am-dig.com because they have great service to tapers and the frequent many jamband boards. Be careful and dont get the TY disk that are unlabeled unless you plan on labeling them yourself or having them silk screened. They are much cheaper but will scratch very easily with protection. I and many others have made this mistake.
Its the terror of knowing what the world is about. Wathcing some good friends screaming let me out.

Superlux CM-H8K> Wmod Ua-5> JB3

Offline BC

• Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2005, 05:02:15 PM »
I think the TY golds are the shizzle, a little pricey but really nice thick top coat that seems very durable and flake-resistant.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2005, 05:09:37 PM »
for archival purposes, you might want to check out this....im not sure, it MAY be overkill for music cd's, but IF you want it to last a LOONG time..def worth it from what i have read here and other places....I wonder when they will put this coat on dvds....that would be the optimal archival media for my purposes.  unless the blue lazer(or whatever it is) has this kind of coat..

http://news.com.com/Imation+touts+heavy-duty%2C+scratch-resistant+discs/2100-1041_3-5513524.html
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 06:34:02 PM »
going against the grain here.
I like verbatims.
They use the same dye in them as medical grade archival media. (from my understanding)
Can't say I have lost one yet in the last 8 years +

same here :)

i sued to use kodak golds, but those are no longer :'( and used to be about 2 bucks a piece :P
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline Nomad

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2005, 07:24:29 PM »
Great discussion board to find deals and tons of knowledge on disk and burners can be found at www.cdrlabs.com

I may be totally off base but Verbatim in the past where made in Japan but that isn' the case anymore.
Its the terror of knowing what the world is about. Wathcing some good friends screaming let me out.

Superlux CM-H8K> Wmod Ua-5> JB3

Offline Tim

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 09:19:05 PM »
I buy fuji's made in japan.... are those acceptable?
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline jaguaracer

• Taperssection Regular
    • Trading List
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2005, 09:30:50 PM »
definitely, I know a lot of people recommend them as the best name-brand (ie, not a manufactuere like TY) cd-r out there.
DC

Offline Tim

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2005, 09:38:23 PM »
I thought so but hadn't seemed them mentioned and was getting nervous :P

+T for the help
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 10:10:32 PM »
definitely, I know a lot of people recommend them as the best name-brand (ie, not a manufactuere like TY) cd-r out there.

actually as I understand it the fujis made in japan are rebranded TY's...eventually that inventory will run out though...I am starting to see the local spots fuji spindles all with a new font on their packaging, and they are made in taiwan....

TDKs in the new batches I have seen have been made in India...

Offline ouchthathurts

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 10:25:41 PM »
http://store.yahoo.com/cdrsavings/taiyonotfuji.html 

I was getting the silver 100/$25 but I just picked up the whiteface 100/$32.I agree with some of the others that maybe the silver would maybe scratch easier.And they look purty,too. ;D

Offline Tim

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 10:29:06 PM »

actually as I understand it the fujis made in japan are rebranded TY's...eventually that inventory will run out though...I am starting to see the local spots fuji spindles all with a new font on their packaging, and they are made in taiwan....

now that you say that I remember reading all of that info before... perhaps I'll just pickup a few hundred next time I'm at Best Buy.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 10:31:46 PM »

now that you say that I remember reading all of that info before... perhaps I'll just pickup a few hundred next time I'm at Best Buy.

yeah, last time I bought a batch, I bought 300....now I am on my last spindle...hopefully they have some left...

Offline ouchthathurts

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 10:41:19 PM »
I had heard Ty's were one of the better one's but around here all the Fujis' I could find were made in Taiwan.This is according to the site that I buy mine from
  "Fuji America has switched CD-R manufacturers, so Taiyo Yuden is no longer making them. Media Supply is letting traders know that Taiyo Yuden is still Available, at very aggressive prices. We are the largest blank CD-R distributor in the USA, and a very large percentage of the CD-Rs we sell are Taiyo Yuden."

Not sure how true it is.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2005, 10:43:17 PM »
yup, that is what I heard...the made in japan fujis are old stock of the TYs, and will run out...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com