Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best CDR  (Read 20647 times)

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
Re: Best CDR
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2005, 11:59:44 AM »
save yourself 6 bucks and get the Klones....   ;D
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2005, 08:18:50 PM »
i'm all about storing on HD's Wink

I eventually want to build an HD "caddy". it will basically be tower of firewire HD's all daisy chained together and hot-swappable

Hard Drives all die sometime. It's just a matter of when.

ahhhhh yes, I guess I should have clarified......... 

I'm aware that HD's crash as well.  And certainly before a CD technically should.  With all the work I do, in addition to collecting, I have more recordings filling up space than I can burn to archive CD's.  Having HD's will allow me additional space to store off of my work computer(s) and then when I have the time, I can archive to CDR/DVDR for a more permanant storage.

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2005, 01:35:39 AM »
i now archive everything on dvd-r and i'm not too worried about cdrs much anymore and just buy whatever is on sale when i need them.

as for cdrs, keep in mind that some of it also in how you take care of them.  if you're throwing your discs around, not keeping them in cases, etc then you're gonna have more problems then a disc that is properly cared for.  all of my important discs go into jewel cases and stay there.  i've also read that writing on your discs with a sharpie isn't good for them either.  and sticky notes are even worse.  things to keep in mind as well.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2005, 01:51:15 AM »
i now archive everything on dvd-r and i'm not too worried about cdrs much anymore and just buy whatever is on sale when i need them.

Are you not now worried about the quality of your DVD-R discs?
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2005, 01:59:42 AM »
actually, not really.  i keep those in a cd booklet in a cool dry place and only take them out when they're needed, since i keep a lot of the shows backed up on my puter anyway, which i stream from thru my stereo via my xbox.

from everything that i've read about dvdr media, it goes through more testing than normal cdrs.  most companies making cdrs don't have to put the cdr media through a lot of testing, and therefor don't.  on the other hand, all dvdr media has to undergo the same rigourous testing and from what i've read, dvdr media is a lot more rugged than cdr media.

i wish i knew where i heard that, i'm guessing it was on dat-heads at one point or one of the other yahoo taper groups that i'm on.  plus, i'm with tim on this one, almost everything i tape is well circulated...and just about everything i download is also well circulated.  the more copies out there the better.  if something ever goes drastically wrong, i'm sure i can find the stuff that i want.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com