Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: benchmark dac-1  (Read 3766 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
benchmark dac-1
« on: June 17, 2003, 02:14:01 PM »
finally got one of these things, and i gotta say WOW

i was pleased with my system before.  it's not incredible, but it's not shitty either.  arcam alpha 7se cd player > arcam alpha 8r integrated amp.  great, full sound, and can definitely give some power, the 50w amp output shouldn't fool you

anyway, hooked up the DAC-1 last night to it and was switching back and forth between the cd player > amp via analog and the cd > dac-1 > amp.  the dac-1 made the old system sound muddy and just dead.  i can't describe it really, but it's like the dac-1 made the music come alive.  it's great.  can't wait to check out 24 bit tonight

IF ONLY MY DELTA DIO card actually worked!  that's another story though.  they won't give me a refund, yet it never worked in the first place in my computer...

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:benchmark dac-1
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 03:59:52 PM »
Congrats, man!  I haven't heard the Benchmark...  A good DAC makes a huge difference.

I think there's a favorable review in this month's stereophile, have you seen it?

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 04:45:27 PM »
haven't seen that review yet, but i'll check it out now that you mentioned it.

for those that were discussing the benchmark before, yeah, it rocks!  i recommend it :)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 06:06:26 PM »
its my plan as well.

my system now is
Philips 963 source > Rotel RC1070 pre > B&K st140 amp.
the philips sounds great on its own, but i'm sure it would sound better through the benchmark.

Tim

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 06:38:06 PM »
Scott... if you don't mind, what did ya pay? I'm looking for a good DAC to open up my tapes a little bit. Thanks!

Offline Mic D

• Habitual Line Stepper
  • Trade Count: (19)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 07:46:21 PM »
That's good to hear, Scott. So far, I've heard nothing but good things about the dac-1. I was talking to Jaime@masterpiece a while back and he absolutely loves it! He almost made me buy one (and I don't even have a nice setup........ yet) :wink2:

Offline scb

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 08:13:32 PM »
750, though they've now gone up to 850 as of june 1.  benchmark is forbidding dealers to sell below that....

Tim

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 01:14:47 AM »
ahh yes, I remember that thread! Thanks Scott.. congrats on the new toy and enjoy!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com