Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Minidisc recovery  (Read 3398 times)

Offline SxPxDxCx

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • THATSTHETHINGABOUTTHAT.blogspot
Minidisc recovery
« on: June 23, 2005, 05:37:38 PM »
Back when I was using my minidisc I recorded shows, stoped the recording, watched it write a TOC, and then I shut the unit off.  Everything worked as it always had.
When I tried to play the recording later it acted like it was a blank disc.  Now I am assuming that the data is written to the disc but maybe the TOC is bad.

I've heard being able to read the disc and create a new TOC.  I think this feature was on some of the home units.  Is anyboyd around here able to attempt such a thing or point me in the right direction.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot:

MBHO KA 500 / KA 200N > Naiant IPAs / JKLabs > PCM-M10
AT933 C >SP-SPSB-1 > PCM-M10

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Minidisc recovery
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 06:02:39 PM »
When you copying a disc would it be nice to transfer the tracktitles etc. It can be quite boring and timeconsuming to enter tracknames for 20 tracks...first copy the disk without track names etc. To clone the TOC do:
Insert the source disc
Enter test mode (see above)
Eject source disc
Insert disc that should have the source disc's TOC
Enter normal mode (plug off the unit and plug it in again)
Dirty the TOC (rename a track)
Eject disc to perform TOC update - Voila!
It is important to state that the source and target disk must be identical - the target disc must BE a clone of the source disc, because if they are different the TOC cloning will not work correctly on the target disc.

Method found by Martin Borus (see more here).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TOC] Rescue an all erased disc. If you by accident have made an all erase can you save the music.
Make a disc with one long track filling the whole disc

Perform TOC cloning (see above): The TOC of the one long track disc cloned onto the ALL ERASED disc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline SxPxDxCx

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • THATSTHETHINGABOUTTHAT.blogspot
Re: Minidisc recovery
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 06:29:15 PM »
That sounds like what I have read before.  I don't have a minidisc unit that I can do that with though is the problem.
I'm looking for a kind soul who would like to attempt it for me.

It is a recording of Kasey Chambers at the Fox in Boulder.
"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot:

MBHO KA 500 / KA 200N > Naiant IPAs / JKLabs > PCM-M10
AT933 C >SP-SPSB-1 > PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com