Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Minidisc to PC  (Read 2790 times)

Offline King Crimson

• Deez Nutz
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
Minidisc to PC
« on: July 20, 2003, 11:53:40 AM »
After taping Claypool last night and being very happy with the result I now need to figure out how to get the recording to wav so I can put it on CD.  What type of cables will I need, what programs, etc.

Also, I know I will need a new soundcard..so if someone could recommend one I would appreciate it.  

minidisc model Sharp MD-MT15
I'll have a bloody mary, a steak sandwich and...a steak sandwhich.

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re:Minidisc to PC
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 01:08:53 AM »
theres alot to go into, it depends on how you wanna go, pure digital would be the best way, you'd have to get a home MD deck that has an optical out, i've never seen one with coax digi outs... but they might be around...  but once you have your optical out, you need to get a sound card with optical inputs.  if you have a deck that has an optical out, i'd look at getting a Edirol UA-D1 with that you have coax and optical ins and outs with a direct USB connection they are about $100.  if you don't already have a pre-amp, i'd look into the Edirol UA-5, cause it will have the same thing as that, as well as you could use it as a mic pre-amp that would come in handy, and that runs about $250.  you can get both of those, from www.micsupply.com, its the best tapers resource, ran by tapers, for tapers...

there are plenty of other ways too, thats probably one of the cheapest routes, and what i'd do if i were you...  good luck, hope you get some good sounding shows...

peace
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.075 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com