Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DSM-6/L gain/pre options?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline dmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • dance spaceghost dance!
    • ToriTraders
DSM-6/L gain/pre options?
« on: August 15, 2005, 03:31:14 PM »
I've taped a few shows with these DSM-6 Mics, and the volume seems unreasonably low from the balcony in most situations, and that's not very cool.    I suppose I need something besides just the battery box before it hits the recorder to give enough gain, but I don't really know what I can use.  Since the battery box only uses a 1.5v AA battery...  would any 9v battery box or preamp just blow the mics or what?

I know sonic studios sells this DSM PA-24NJ preamp, but it's almost $1,000 which is a bit much IMO if there are other alternatives out there.  I see a new PA-3SX for $450, but I've noticed it doesn't offer any bass reduction.  Would I need bass reduction when using that preamp, and would that mean I'd have to plug the mics into the battery box and then the preamp or the other way around?

None of this is very clear to me at the moment, so anyone else using the DSM-6/L mics, what's your setup and what in the world can I do to boost the volume without blowing the mics (or my budget!)? 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com