Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Microtracker CF Card Problem?  (Read 4215 times)

Offline jcrab66

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Microtracker CF Card Problem?
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:01:59 AM »
Well heres one I havent seen on here yet. Taped a show last night, 3 sets, Microtracker worked fine for the whole show. When the show over i was starting to put the MT away when someone bumped into me pretty hard causing my MT to come out of my hand. It didnt hit the floor because it was still attached to the PS2 via TRS cables, however it did swing into this wooden barricade that was set up, it barely hit it so I didnt think anything was wrong. When I looked at the display none of the 3 files displayed any time anymore and I couldnt play them or do anything else. I shut down the MT and re booted. After going through the power up sequence it displays "reading media" and goes no further. When I hook it up to the puter it will connect but the attached image is what I see. The folders are all empty, the individual files have various file sizes in the MB's including the files that are about the right size as the set files should be. I tried copying them to the puter but it wont because it says it cant be read. I also tried changing the file name and extension of one of the files that is probably the show data but it wouldnt do that either for the same reason. Anyone ever see anything like this. I have used the card on several occasions prior to this with no problems and it was working fine  until the bump. I really cant imagine a bump like that causing a CF card to wig out. HELP!
mk4's / mk41's > nbox > Microtracker / HDP2

Offline pierreb

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Microtracker CF Card Problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 11:34:36 AM »
What brand of CF?

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 12:50:01 PM »
What brand of CF?

a lexar 80X which i have used with no problems several times before

Offline sygdwm

• unknown sleath taper
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:20:30 PM »
i think your screwed. i had a similar problem w/ my cf for different reasons. the files looked like yours do in explorer. i tried everything i could think of but just ended up formatting it, and havent recreated the problem since. good luck.
mics: (4)akg c460b(a60,mk46,ck1x,ck1,ck2,ck3,ck61,ck63)
pres: oade m148/edirol wmod ua5
recorders: marantz stock671/oade acm671/fostex busman vintage fr2le

(P.S.: On a threaded discussion board like this one, there's no need to repeat someone's post when you reply to them; everyone can see all the messages in the thread.)

Offline jcrab66

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »
yeah, i'm waiting for word from lexar right now on possible solutions but it looks pretty bleak, thats too bad because it was really a nice show and everything went great until after it was over  >:(

Offline raddygast

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:24:43 PM »
Just a word of advice for a fellow MT user.

When you're done recording, power off the unit and eject the CF card immediately. If it's out of the MT, the crappy firmware can't possibly screw it up!

As soon as I get a card reader I'm going to make this my main mode of operation. Record, stop, eject ----> peace of mind.

Offline bconnolly

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Serious Business
    • Serious Business
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:29:40 PM »
Are you trying to extract the files through the MT or through an external card reader?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com