Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: apogee current draw question  (Read 2330 times)

Offline MBHOTAPER

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jam Bands Rock!
apogee current draw question
« on: March 29, 2011, 06:34:30 PM »
Does anyone know what the current draw is for the mmp? I have seen threads for the mini me estimated at 800ma using ad only.

I am trying to calculate the dvd bat time (5400mah) I should get for my mbho 603a (4.5ma) w/the apogee mmp using phantom power.

Normally this is not an issue but I am going to a 4 day fest (wanee) and accurate batt time is needed.

thanks!

Offline drewloo

• Friend of Salsa
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • it's recreational
Re: apogee current draw question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
I'm not an electronics whiz so I may be totally off here but the power requirements are listed as:

MMP  6-14v 3W
MME  6-16v 5.5W

if current = power / voltage, then at 9v:

MMP = 333 mA
MME = 611 mA 

However I'm not sure if/how mic current draw enters the equation.  Hopefully someone can confirm or dispel my calculations.

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:28:14 PM »
One thing to remember when doing your math is to take the final answer and multiply it by .80 (80%) since you are not able to use 100% of a batteries capacity. 

Your basic formula for power is V(volts) = W(watts) X A(amps)
In case you need it here is Formula for Wh and mAh:
To convert to mah  it is :
WH/volts= answer x1000

Say a battery is rated 53 WHr and the nominal voltage is 12.5 volts.
53 WHr/12.5 Volts = 4.24 Amp-Hr
4.24 amp-Hr x 1000 milli-amp/amp= 4,240 mah

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 05:13:15 PM »
The math is a good estimate, but the best test is just running it.  Just set everything up in the house...  mics, minime, recorder running normally.  Run the minime on battery, the recorder on AC.  Record the random house sounds, set the gain to whatever it is at a typical show..  Let it run until the battery goes dead, overnight if necessary.  The next day look how long it recorded.  Depending on the recorder, the clock will stop at that point, or it will start recording dead air.  Either way, you can figure out out.  Different mics use different amounts of phantom power, so do the test using the mics you will run at the festival.  On the other hand running 16/44 vs 24/96 shouldn't matter much, and recording loud music versus a quiet house shouldn't matter as far as battery life is concerned.

Then subtract 1 hour for safety.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

Offline 12milluz

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:03:36 PM »
The math is a good estimate, but the best test is just running it.  Just set everything up in the house...  mics, minime, recorder running normally.  Run the minime on battery, the recorder on AC.  Record the random house sounds, set the gain to whatever it is at a typical show..  Let it run until the battery goes dead, overnight if necessary.  The next day look how long it recorded.  Depending on the recorder, the clock will stop at that point, or it will start recording dead air.  Either way, you can figure out out.  Different mics use different amounts of phantom power, so do the test using the mics you will run at the festival.  On the other hand running 16/44 vs 24/96 shouldn't matter much, and recording loud music versus a quiet house shouldn't matter as far as battery life is concerned.

Then subtract 1 hour for safety.

Audio-Technica AT853(c), Audio-Technica AT825>Naiant Littlebox>Sony PCM-M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com