Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Oade pre questions...  (Read 5446 times)

Offline iphone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Oade pre questions...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 10:03:16 AM »
Not sure if I'm gonna do the 744 or get their 4 chan. mixer>V3>722.  If they allow the use of dig and analog inputs at the same time, then def the 744, but if only one or the other it might be a different story.

dilemma would be if one could sync the 2 digital audio together,since it might be a probability that the sd box ad converter has a delay/speed filter etc different from an outboard box.

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 02:42:43 PM »
Yeah he seemed like a really nice guy, guess I won't hold his alma mater against him ;)

I kid, I kid . . .

did you go to Ladue?
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 05:07:33 PM »
dilemma would be if one could sync the 2 digital audio together,since it might be a probability that the sd box ad converter has a delay/speed filter etc different from an outboard box.

This all depends on clocking. If you're going with 2 different digital inputs, the devices all need to be locked to the same master clock. If that can't be done (example - V3 and MiniMe can't be slaved, to my knowledge), the recorder will have to reclock/resample on the fly to prevent sync issues.

If you can do one analog + one digital, it seems like the SD box could slave to the outboard A/D and record all 4 tracks in sync. This is what my ULN-2 does (and it also has the SRC on the fly, should I desire that).
Out of the game … for now?

Offline Nick S.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Gotta wear that coat
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 09:23:57 PM »
Yeah he seemed like a really nice guy, guess I won't hold his alma mater against him ;)

I kid, I kid . . .

did you go to Ladue?

John Burroughs

And your head is spinning from a loud guitar . . .

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com