Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: UA-5, RCA-In Question?  (Read 5912 times)

spreadheadtom

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: UA-5, RCA-In Question?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 12:27:25 AM »

the "unmod" removes the stereo mini and adds minixlr output connectors.

is't this the same principle?
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=250&item=SP-XLRM-MINI-2&type=store

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: UA-5, RCA-In Question?
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 07:43:29 AM »

the "unmod" removes the stereo mini and adds minixlr output connectors.

is't this the same principle?
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?category=250&item=SP-XLRM-MINI-2&type=store

You have to run the battery box in front of that.  I might be wrong here (and I prolly am...) but since the signal goes from XLR to 1/8' - it can no longer push phantom power through to the mics- Phantom power, AFAIK, needs XLR the entire way through. 

The "unmod" that is being discussed is to take off the 1/8" connector and put an XLR connector (and power conditioner, depending on the unmod) on the ends of the mics so they plug directly into the XLR inputs of the UA-5, and accept phantom power for the mics.  This "unmod" actually turns the AT mics from SP into "stock" AT mics (for lack of better terms), and makes them no longer connected to each other in wiring terms.   A different variety of the unmod gives you the flexibility to either run off phantom power or the battery box.

Marc can prolly describe this in better terms than I am using.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:UA-5, RCA-In Question?
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2006, 04:05:24 PM »
The 1/4 inputs are only disabled on the Warm or Pres mods.  I use the 1/4 inputs all the time from my analog deck...

But yeah, get a 1/8 to 2x 1/4 mono plug adapter cable and you're set. 

T

so the RCA input jacks are disabled on a warm mod ua-5..?
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com