Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone make a 4 channel battery box? (Power two stereo mics)  (Read 2765 times)

Offline Chrisedge

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Anyone make a 4 channel battery box? (Power two stereo mics)
« on: April 30, 2015, 06:23:08 PM »
I know I could get two UBB and they are tiny, but I would prefer one box with no cables (I had a Sound Pro BB go bad on me with the wire) with in and outs for two sets of mics.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Anyone make a 4 channel battery box? (Power two stereo mics)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 06:53:08 PM »
The easy answer is to either DIY one yourself (battery boxes aren't very complicated), or simply glue two UGLY-BBs together.  That would give you separate ins and outs (and still use two batteries, providing some redundancy) but all in one physical unit.

I have a custom 4 channel UGLY battery box with two stereo minijack inputs and one mini-xlr output. I bought it years ago from TS user Printguy.. but it was nonfunctional on arrival and I never got it working.  He had Chris build it for him for use into an R44. The mini-xlr output has a break-out cable to four RA 1/4" TS plugs.

I currently use two CA-UGLY preamps at the same time.  Having two physical units is less of a hassle than dealing with all the wiring.  One unit with 2 inputs and 2 outputs won't streamline your wiring unless you bundle the wires together to manage them.  I sometimes place both preamps into a low-cut sock which temporarily "glues them together".

Hope that helps.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com