Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Keeping Things Neat and Tidy??  (Read 2563 times)

Offline jmz93

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Keeping Things Neat and Tidy??
« on: September 09, 2008, 12:07:42 AM »
You wouldn't think a pair of DPA 4061's, a 5' 1/8" patch cable and a tiny set of earbuds would get hopelessly entagled while in a small recording bag, but they do ... all the time!

How do you guys keep the cables nicely separated, and with little to know extra stress on them?

By far the worst are the very thin cables on the DPA's. They seem to truly have a single-minded goal of tying themselves in knots, despite my best efforts.

So what do you folks do?
Extra points if your solution allows for very quick uncoiling/setup and coiling/packing up after the show.

Online Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Keeping Things Neat and Tidy??
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 12:48:00 AM »
Using the MMA6000 as a preamp, I've attached a base plate with a circular spacer between the plate and the body of the preamp, that I wrap the cables around and don't have to disconnect the micro-dots.  I then put the whole thing in a zip lock.  The only time I disconnected the mics from the mma6000 was to add extension cables on occasion.

More photos here.

I've recently been using two sets of 4060's into CA-Ugly preamps and just coil each pair and put them in zip locks.  Zip lock bags rock.  My big rig bag has everything in zip locks - cables, adapters, clamps, other junk, good way to organize and nothing gets tangled.

I've seen others use round steel candy tins to store mini DPAs.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline cybergaloot

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Poohbah!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 07:30:18 PM »
I store my CA-11's in a round plastic container that electrical tape came in. Its sort of transparent,  semi-rigid and semi-waterproof. I got the containers from work so I can't say where the tape came from but I've seen it in stores before.
--
Walter

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects. Will Rogers

this>that>the other

Offline Belexes

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »
When I had DPA's, I kept them in an Altoid mint tin.  Those tins are handy for just about anything.
Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > HiHo Silver XLR's > Deck TBD

CA-14 (c,o)/MM-HLSC-1 (4.7k mod)/AT853(4.7k mod)(c,o,h,sc)/CAFS (o)/CA-1 (o) > CA-9100 (V. 4.1)/CA-9200/CA-UBB > Sony PCM-D50/Sony PCM-M10

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 04:06:18 AM »
When I had DPA's, I kept them in an Altoid mint tin.  Those tins are handy for just about anything.

Yes they are :smoking: :spin:
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.239 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com