Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fixing the shield on a 7-pin ?  (Read 2603 times)

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
Fixing the shield on a 7-pin ?
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:58:11 PM »
Well I let a friend borrow my Oade 7-pin & modSBM1 this past weekend and somehow the shield is bent to where it will not fit into the IN of the sbm1, the pins look fine, just the shield is bent  :really_sucks:.

Does anyone have any suggestions on trying to fix this?
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline silentmark

Re:Fixing the shield on a 7-pin ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 01:11:19 PM »
you can buy flat jawed pliers similar to needle nose. The flat jawed plier don't have serations so they wont scar the "shield" as much.

Yeah I thought of that, the only thing I am worried about is not getting the proper "form" of the shield back in place to where it will fit into the IN of the SBM1. Seems like it will be a PITA to get the form back or close to where it originally was ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 01:14:06 PM »
you can buy flat jawed pliers similar to needle nose. The flat jawed plier don't have serations so they wont scar the "shield" as much.

Yeah I thought of that, the only thing I am worried about is not getting the proper "form" of the shield back in place to where it will fit into the IN of the SBM1. Seems like it will be a PITA to get the form back or close to where it originally was ...

Well, you'd be no worse off than you are now, right?  But at least you would've tried.

If that doesn't work, I'd ask your friend to take care of it directly, i.e. pay to have the shield/7-pin head replaced.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline silentmark

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 01:16:36 PM »

Well, you'd be no worse off than you are now, right?  But at least you would've tried.

If that doesn't work, I'd ask your friend to take care of it directly, i.e. pay to have the shield/7-pin head replaced.

Y'all are right, I was just hoping there would be some 'magical' fix, +T to you both, hopefully I can get this sucker close to original, we shall see, thanks gents ..

Offline silentmark

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 01:19:21 PM »
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=14;action=display;threadid=6207

Here is a handy freebie 7pin-head case ^^

Great idea Mike, live & learn I suppose, at least I will be able to protect my other passive cable from now on  :wink2:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com