Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Iriver microprocessor  (Read 1504 times)

Offline srijan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Iriver microprocessor
« on: April 07, 2008, 03:35:05 AM »
I plugged the wrong charger into my H120 recently ( :'( ) and it turns out that that fried the Command IC on it (Microprocessor IC no. M54546120N)
Does anybody know where I can get a replacement IC? I tried contacting IRiver but they said they don't keep spares for models this old. Alternatively, does anyone have a defunct Iriver (with a working microprocessor) that I could buy maybe?

Another question, can a rockboxed Iriver H10 (Not the H100 series) record in wave? Apparently it only supports mp3 recordings out of the box. Will rockbox solve that problem? And how good are the ADCs on it as compared to those on the H100 series irivers?

Also is it possible to mod a flash memory H10 by replacing its flash memory with the hard disk of the H120?

Thanks!

Offline petur

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • wtb: time
Re: Iriver microprocessor
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 06:22:51 AM »
1) the coldfire CPU is BGA (ball grid array) so good luck on soldering that one, or do you have the required skills and gear? Also, what makes you sure only the CPU is dead?
2) H10 does not have line in I think...

better get to ebay, I still see some h1x0 and h3x0 passing by from time to time....

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com