Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: JB3 connectivity problems  (Read 1461 times)

Offline marod70

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
JB3 connectivity problems
« on: July 17, 2006, 07:34:07 PM »
Hope this is in the right forum.  I have searched through TS and redchair but maybe I missed the solution to my problem.  If I did I am sorry for posting this but I spent a good part of the afternoon researching before I posted.

I just received a JB3 that I purchased through the Yard Sale (excellent transaction and no complaints; any problems listed here are solely due to my computer and ineptitude).  I was having problems initially getting my Dell Dimension 3000 to recognize the JB3 but I was finally able to get it going after re-installing the drivers and the trial version of Notmad as mentioned in section 250 of the FAQ.  My computer recognized the JB3 (woo hoo) but since the trial version does not allow transferring I went ahead and purchased the full version for the JB3.  After installing it, the Notmad Explorer would not let me enter my transaction ID and I got a message that it could not communicate with the JB3 and I should update the drivers.  I went to the redchair site and downloaded the update from their link here:

http://www.nomadworld.com/scripts/download.asp?file=http://files.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/Others/3872/JBDrv_1_21_01a.exe

That has made things worse.  The computer no longer recognizes the JB3.  I have tried to uninstall the drivers to just start the while process over but I get a message from saying "Cannot open install.log file"  so it won't uninstall the drivers.  I tried re-installing the drivers over the existing file but that had not effect.   

I sent off an email to redchair support.  While I am waiting for their reply I thought I would post here to see if anyone had any suggestions. 

Thanks,

Mark

Offline Oysterhead00

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Rock This Bitch
    • My Ugly Page In Need Of A Huge Makeover
Re: JB3 connectivity problems
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 02:26:01 PM »
On my laptop and work computers (both run Win 2000 Professional) I've had some issues with detecting the CJB3 via USB.  Seems like it has to be turned on, USB plugged into CJB3 first, then plugged into computer...and sometimes it requires doing that a few times.  No reason for this that I can think of, that's just the way I got it to work so it's what I do each time.  This is just using the software from the Website and I'm not sure what firmware or OS versions I was using as I never updated them.

My home PC used to have Windows ME then I got XP and I connect by Firewire and have never had any problems connecting.  I had Notmad with ME, but lost it (and the sale number to get it again) when my hard drive crapped out and I installed XP and never had any problems with it.  Never tried USB from home so maybe I'd have similar issues if I tried it that way.  You can get a 4 port Firewire PCI card from Best Buy for like $20 (probably half that online) and it's MUCH faster than USB...I highly recommend that for transfering 1GB+ files that will take FOREVER via USB.

I have a Crative Zen Touch for at work and in my car and it gets detected by everything right away.  I kinda think that the driver for it might interfear with the CJB3 driver (which goes in a CJB2 folder on my computer which I always thought was weird).

You might want to go to Control Panel > Add or Remove Software and remove all the CJB3 related stuff, reboot, and then start from scratch.  Part of the problem might be your REG accessing the log file making it impossible to delete...that requires going into regedit and messing around, but I don't know how to do that stuff and have messed up my computer before trying so I'm not giving any advise on that :)
Big Rig:  SMK-H8K/U or MSH-1O > PS-2 > AD-20 > CJB3
Sm Rig:  SS DSM-6S (or SP-CMC-12 > SPBM-2)  > MD-MT77
ISO: Cheap iRiver 120 or 140 :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com