Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sennheiser AMBEO SMART HEADSET  (Read 38418 times)

Offline adrianb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Sennheiser AMBEO SMART HEADSET
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2024, 09:50:19 AM »
I’m currently using my original Rode iXY microphone with my iPhone 14 with a 30-pin to lightning adapter. I look forward to using it when I upgrade my phone using a USB C to lightning adapter connected to a lightning to 30-pin adapter. 😂
Mics: Sennheiser MKH 8040, Sennheiser MKH 8020, AT BP4025, AT 853 cards, CA CAFS, CA 14 Omnis, CA 11 (Cards + Omnis), Soundman OKM II Classic
Battery Boxes: Sony XLR-1, CA 9200 Preamp, CA Ugly 2 Preamp, CA Ugly BB, Shure FP24
Recorders: Sound Devices MP3, Sony PCM-D100, Sony PCM-D50, Sony PCM-M10, Sony PCM-D10, Roland R-07, Tascam iXJ2

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #121 on: March 31, 2024, 12:37:05 PM »
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline detroit lightning

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #122 on: April 08, 2024, 09:02:11 AM »
Took these out for their maiden voyage last night for Real Estate (indie rock band).

Small club, pretty standard volume for that kind of show, I suppose - not crazy loud or quiet. I checked my watch during the opener and it was in the mid 90's for dbs. I'd guess it was between 90-100db for the most part. Will post a link to the archive once I've edited.

I thought the ambeo performed really well. On par with my DPA > Dvice setup? Probably not...but way more than serviceable. I mean, we're getting into subjective territory - so all I can say is that for the bulk of the shows I do, I think these will do just fine.

Also recorded with a share MV88...I'd say the results are comparable, fwiw.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:17:18 AM by detroit lightning »

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2024, 09:15:50 AM »
Here's the recording: https://archive.org/details/RealEstate2024-04-07

I find it to be a pretty accurate representation of the sound in the room - sounds good on my monitors, thought it sounded a lot thinner in my car...I need to listen more.

Offline fotoralf.be

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • fotoralf.be
« Reply #124 on: April 10, 2024, 04:25:57 PM »
Listening through a Beyerdynamic DT880Pro the sound is a bit muffled. Dug out my own Ambeo and it sounds just great.

Ralf
Photography and industrial audioscapes from Western Europe. - Sound examples: http://aporee.org/maps/projects/fotoralf - Blog (German): http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2024, 04:39:47 PM »
Listening through a Beyerdynamic DT880Pro the sound is a bit muffled. Dug out my own Ambeo and it sounds just great.

Ralf

I’ve noticed some of that too - playback on my monitor speakers sound good, Bluetooth speaker sounds fine, but in the car sounded kinda crappy.

Overall, I’m encouraged enough to keep using them…will learn more as I go…

Offline Ozpeter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2024, 08:11:31 PM »
Don't laugh but I just listened to a little section using a Quest 3 VR headset... what impressed me was the surround image of the audience at the end of the song, very realistic.  The music sounded ok but of course it is hard to judge as the amplification is probably more influential on the recorded sound than the recording equipment.

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2024, 08:17:27 PM »
Don't laugh but I just listened to a little section using a Quest 3 VR headset... what impressed me was the surround image of the audience at the end of the song, very realistic.  The music sounded ok but of course it is hard to judge as the amplification is probably more influential on the recorded sound than the recording equipment.

That’s really interesting actually! Maybe we’ll all be wearing VR headsets taping shows in a few years haha

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com