Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New DA converter: Lavry DA10  (Read 1915 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
New DA converter: Lavry DA10
« on: May 05, 2006, 03:36:15 PM »
There is a new DA converter out from Lavry engineering. I think it is priced at $975, looks like it was designed and marketed to be a direct competitor to the Benchmark DAC1. For those not familiar with the company, Dan Lavry makes some of the best digital conversion gear out there.

http://www.lavryengineering.com/index_html.html

Lavry Engineering introduces DA10, a new stand alone stereo digital to analog converter. The half rack unit can receive AES or SPDIF digital audio on XLR, RCA and optical link.

The DA provides three Clock modes. The preferred modes are CrystalLock ™ and Narrow Lock modes, but the unit also offers a Wide lock mode based on an internal Sample rate conversion for listening at non standard sampling rates.

The level of the analog outputs (balanced or unbalanced) is controlled by an up–down switch and a 2 digit display. The “potentiometer free” discrete analog attenuator provides up to 60dB very high precision volume control in 1 dB steps.

A state of the art discrete headphone driver is capable of accommodating at ease even the lowest impedance headphones.  The unit includes a polarity switch, and a Stereo-Mono switch, a feature aimed at mastering studios.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 03:38:36 PM by BC »
In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: New DA converter: Lavry DA10
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 05:18:24 PM »
Nice !

Offline carlbeck

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 05:59:25 AM »
I think this Lavry has been out for a little while now & certainly competes head to head with the Benchmark. Some of the folks over at Head-Fi prefer it over the Benchmark. Check it out.

I know you like, tape for people's approval and stuff, and wave your tapes around like they're your dick...  but even you can't actually think section tapes from philips sound good.  

Mics: Telefunken Elam 260, 61, 62, MBHO KA200, KA500 > Niant PFA's, AKG C34L-MS
Preamps: Grace Lunatec V2, Shure FP24
Decks: Tascam DR-2d, Zoom F8

Old rig: Recording: AKG C34 & AKG CK1X or CK2X > MK46 > 460 > Aeta Mix2000 > Sound Devices 702

Playback: Thorens TD125, Denon DVD-2900> Bel Canto DAC-1 > Audible Illusions 3B > Rogue Atlas >ZU Wax Shotgun> Hyperion 938
ALL TUBES BABY!!!

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »
yeah, its been out for a bit, I like it better than the Benchmark, but like the Mytek over all of them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com