Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO DPA 4060 wiring suggestions/help  (Read 2370 times)

Offline rustoleum

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • AKG 481s->MiaGi IIs->MiniMe->MTII
ISO DPA 4060 wiring suggestions/help
« on: June 06, 2008, 09:32:35 PM »
I just pulled the trigger on a second DPA 4060.  I have enjoyed the below setup and decided it was time for stereo recordings in my stealth rig.  The thing is, I'm interested in having the flexibility to run a single 4060 as I had done in the past, and a stereo pair with the new mic. 

The current setup features a 4060 w/ female switchcraft/miniXLR into a cable w/ male switchcraft for the DPA, a female switchcraft for connection to what I believe is a core-sound battery box and an 1/8" output for connection to a recorder. 

The new mic is 4060 -> Lemo.  I'm wondering if there is a cable I can buy or that someone can make for me that will replace the existing cable, so I can use the same battery box with two mics.  I'm not oppossed to adding a DPA DAD6010 to the new mic so that each mic connects to the cable w/ the same switchcraft connection.  Ultimately the whole deal will be running into a MT2, though I could also see myself running these in open situations into my MiniMe via yet another adapter.

Is this feasible and does it make sense?  Is there some other option I should be considering?  Any DIY'ers care to make the cable for me at a reasonable/mkt val price?
Thanks!
-Rusty

EDIT:  whoops... looks like lemo is not the same as microdot, so a 6010 won't cut it.  Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 10:44:10 PM by rustoleum »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com