Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Unveil (VST)  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • beep boop
Unveil (VST)
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:37:38 PM »
Hello all! Long time. Good to see Page & Gutbucket et al still holding it down here.  8)

Ran across a reference to this VST yesterday. Anyone used it? Looks pretty amazing, but I'm always wary of such miraculous demos.

http://www.zynaptiq.com/unveil/

Lord knows I have some tapes that could benefit from a healthy dose of de-verb'ing.

http://www.zynaptiq.com/unveil/unveil-videos/
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Unveil (VST)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
I vaguely remember someone posting something about a de-verb but I've never tried it.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline Matt Quinn

• No Ceilings
  • beep boop
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:44:34 PM »
Yeah, there's this one for $60 I think -

http://spl.info/index.php?id=463&L=1

Unveil is like $400.00. I would hope it's in a different class from the SPL offering.
In: AT853>PMD620
Out: PC>MOTU Ultralite AVB>M-Audio BX8a/Grace m900

DAW: Ableton Live 10

My LMA Recordings

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
Hey Matt, hope everything is good with you.

I've also heard metion of De-Verb, and that was about the extent of my exposure to it until your post here pointed me to their website.  Looks like their plugins target what have previously been considered sort of 'holy grail' audio applications.  Their De-Filter plugin is also interestesting and may be even more widely applicable for our applications generally (not just the over-verby ones), assuming it actually works well.

From the website descriptions it sounds like these plugins are system resource heavy, which makes sense considering the complex computational tasks involved.

The trial versions don't seem overly restricitve.   I'll have to check them out when I get a chance.

I have numerous problematic recordings I've kept stashed away specifically with the intent of revisiting them once the signal processing state of the art progressed and trickled down far enough to me to properly salvage them.  At the time I did so knowing that it would only be a matter of time, advancing processing power, and creative tool development before these kind of signal processing tools became available, good enough, and inexpensive enough that revisiting them eventually makes sense. 

High quality spectral repair is another one of those things which showed up first.  These seem to be next and are in that same category to my way of thinking.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com