Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Backup Musicdvd's - what is the workflow?  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
Backup Musicdvd's - what is the workflow?
« on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »
In the process of ripping my entire cd collection I have stumbled upon a few dvds. I have nothing with dvd and barely watch video. But I do want the best possible backup for these dvd's. Now, what to do? There are so many programs.

Some things I would like:
- be able to burn a copy from the harddisc back to dvd (probably  ever do, but call me purist). Pure backup.
- be able to stream or view the dvd through network (Smart tv)
- get the audio (from concertdvds) in highest possible solution, to create flacs for listening pleasure.

I hope you  can pass me in some direction.
Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
Re: Backup Musicdvd's - what is the workflow?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 04:07:10 PM »
DVDs have VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders.  Just copy those onto your HDD and you've made your back-up... 

Does this help???

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline Popmarter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Live Music Archive
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 04:13:46 PM »
 ;D

Recorders: Zoom F3; SD MixPre 3 II; Sony A10; Edirol R44; Sony M10; Sony WM-D6; iRiver IHP-120; Sharp MD-MT20; Sharp MD-MT190
Microphones: Schoeps MK41; Nevaton MC59/S (cards); Milab VM-44 Links (cards), AT853 7.4mod (cards); AT831 (cards); Nakamichi CM300 (all CP's); Soundman OKM II Rock Studios
Preamps: Beyerdynamic MV100; JK Laboratories DVC-X-17b; Naiant IPA; Nakamichi MX-100 modded for 9v battery use ; Baby Nbox

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:15 PM »
i think you'll run into CSS copy protection problems if you simply copy the folders to your hard drive.  There are a number of programs out there that enable you to copy the DVDs -- I now use makemkv, which creates a lossless copy of the dvd (or blu-ray) contents in mkv file "wrappers" -- Used to use dvdfab to copy the video_ts contents.  Both were (are?) free for limited scope of use.

MKV files are quite easy to stream using the right equipment (and can be converted to whatever format you want using handbrake)

You should be able to use foobar2000 to convert dvd audio to flac -- see http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecoder/
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:34:48 PM by dnsacks »

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
IMO IMGBurn is the best program for ripping - backing up - copying DVD's.  I seem to recall that newer versions may be loaded down with crapware but 2.5.0 was totally fine and very easy to install cleanly. 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com