Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Lets hear about Myteks AD  (Read 19150 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Lets hear about Myteks AD
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 05:31:50 PM »
Hey all,

I really don't want to spam on my first post but I just wanted to let you know that I am working in customer support for Mytek digital now. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at david at mytekdigital.com. Thanks a bunch!

thanks for posting buddy!

+T

I'm really happy to be here. I'm not really a sales guy at all and I really hope that I can learn a lot from you guys. I'm very new to live recording and I'd love to see how it all works. Michal hired me to help him answer questions about the gear so he can deal with designing stuff so I hope that me posting these first couple of times is not considered spam. Thanks again!

not at all man. Not at all. Im sure folks could learn a lot from you. Theres also a Retails sales thread if yall put any of those stereo 192s on clearance.! ;)

Offline atticus

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2005, 05:34:27 PM »
Hey all,

I really don't want to spam on my first post but I just wanted to let you know that I am working in customer support for Mytek digital now. If you have any questions please feel free to shoot me an e-mail at david at mytekdigital.com. Thanks a bunch!

thanks for posting buddy!

+T

I'm really happy to be here. I'm not really a sales guy at all and I really hope that I can learn a lot from you guys. I'm very new to live recording and I'd love to see how it all works. Michal hired me to help him answer questions about the gear so he can deal with designing stuff so I hope that me posting these first couple of times is not considered spam. Thanks again!

not at all man. Not at all. Im sure folks could learn a lot from you. Theres also a Retails sales thread if yall put any of those stereo 192s on clearance.! ;)

Cool! I really hope to become a part of the community. Thanks again!
David Seymour
Mytek Digital
330-354-1576

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2005, 05:37:57 PM »
David....I also think it is great that you are here.  with more people like you around, this site will be even better with direct source info form gear manufacturer representitives.

welcome aboard!

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2005, 05:46:49 PM »
glad to have you :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2005, 06:44:06 PM »
david, can you give us any info on power consumption of the stereo192?  i never got real numbers from Michal.  any chance we can get numbers at 8v, or 9v?

thanks!

Offline atticus

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 02:37:40 PM »
I'll check on the power consumption question right away. Thanks.
David Seymour
Mytek Digital
330-354-1576

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »
thank you!

Offline chris_jones

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005, 07:21:39 PM »
it's the best-sounding portable a/d money can buy, IMO.  it's better than my trak2, which i've since sold since running this exclusively.  check below: combinations of 4022 / 4015 / 4011 > LAT 4/9's silver > neve pre > LAT 6/9's copper > mytek > 722

DSD version retaining 24/192 PCM capability will be out after new year.  i'll have one of those, too.

http://www2.bc.edu/~jonescx/dmb/sdm.mp3 [T. Anastasio @ Roseland FOB DFC]

http://www2.bc.edu/~jonescx/vegas/billies.mp3 [Frontman of Best Band in The Universe feat. Best Guitarist Ever]

http://www2.bc.edu/~jonescx/dmb/night_three.mp3 [Best Band in The Universe]

http://www2.bc.edu/~jonescx/dmb/night_one.mp3 [Best Band in The Universe....again]

http://www2.bc.edu/~jonescx/dg/slow_motion.mp3 [Some Euro Dude @ RCMH, nearly DFC]
Christopher Jones
jones.chris@gmail.com

RebelRebel

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2005, 07:45:01 PM »
Got confirmation from Mihal that the mytek would work fine at its best off 7v. He also said that 7v is not only the minimum voltage needed, but that anything over that number is wasted as heat emissions and does nothing in terms of actually powering the unit.I am taping a bach organ concert tommorow night, will post samples.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=67202 <<is my first effort with the mytek. am really enjoying it so far.

-Teddy

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2005, 04:15:35 AM »
I've been reading up on the mytek adc a lot lately.  the only downside it looks like to me is no 16 bit.  prices are outstanding, considering they can probably be had for a little less than what they are advertised for.

mytek 24/96 : $899
       24/192 : $1395

does anyone on the site owns one besides Chris Jones, Nic, and Scott Brown

how do you guys like it ?

could someone send me a PM regarding current pricing?

if you look around you might find the mytek 192 cheaper than the retail price listed above
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 07:25:25 AM by muj »

RebelRebel

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 07:24:58 AM »
Tim, PM sent.  :)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2005, 10:52:15 AM »
what is the difference other than extended sampling rate between the stereo96 and stereo192 adc versions?

can the 96 run on dc? i thought i read it was hard wired? the 192 does run on bats right?
My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline muj

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Certifiable Nevaton Fluffer
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2005, 11:12:09 AM »
what is the difference other than extended sampling rate between the stereo96 and stereo192 adc versions?

can the 96 run on dc? i thought i read it was hard wired? the 192 does run on bats right?

the 96 is ac powered, the 192 can run on batts. , the 192 has improved quality both soundwise and components inside it

Offline scb

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 11:22:52 AM »
>>Got confirmation from Mihal that the mytek would work fine at its best off 7v. He also said that 7v is not only the minimum voltage needed, but that anything over that number is wasted as heat emissions and does nothing in terms of actually powering the unit.I am taping a bach organ concert tommorow night, will post samples.
<<

i've been powering it off a 9v lithium and it's been perfect.  can easliy last a full show, and it doesn't get hot.  it gets really hot with 12v

RebelRebel

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2005, 04:15:29 PM »
>>Got confirmation from Mihal that the mytek would work fine at its best off 7v. He also said that 7v is not only the minimum voltage needed, but that anything over that number is wasted as heat emissions and does nothing in terms of actually powering the unit.I am taping a bach organ concert tommorow night, will post samples.
<<

i've been powering it off a 9v lithium and it's been perfect.  can easliy last a full show, and it doesn't get hot.  it gets really hot with 12v

Awesome Scott.Thats good to hear. I was under the impression that it performed best at 12v until Mihal corrected me. Ive been using AC power so far, but I need to get a lithium soon I suppose. Do you have the link to the one you are using or one similar??I also understand that the DC Jack/Connector isnt a normal size??(2.5 mm??) I need to find one of those too.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com