Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Favorite New Microphone Stand

(1/9) > >>

DATPAT:
Howdy,Folks ,
I've been on the section for some time, but i rarely post. However, i have recent found a really unique stand that i'd like to share with you. I have been using the Manfrotto Nano Stand for years in situations where i don't need to run particularly high or when i need a compact travel stand to take when i fly out of town for festivals, or shows.  In the past i have used a Mathews extension pole to extend the height of my Nano Stand.  With the pole i can get about 10 ft. high.  However, when i do this the stand is kind of unstable if i fully extend both the pole and the stand. Based on a recent experience i had at a New years show i decided to look for a stand that would be able to reach at least 10 ft. high, and would fold down into a small foot print  (close to 2 ft. long). If you look at B & H for something that fits that criteria you'll be hard pressed to find anything that is close. In fact,  i did another search and there is no other stand available on B&H that will meet those parameters.  It's considerably larger in diameter than the Manfrotto, but it's much more stable, and with the adjustable extension feet you can set it up on un-level surfaces. I'm already envisioning how this will help me at a mountain fest i go to in Wyoming where the stage is at the bottom of the Ski Run and the FOB area is a bit uneven, and steep.  I have to say for the money i can't imagine there is a better stand available for a location recordist who needs a compact stand that will extend that high while still being stable.  I don't typically get excited about accessories,  but i got to say i'm pumped about applications for this stand. I have attached a link below to the stand, and i took a few photo's with both this stand and my trusty nano stand. If you decide to get one keep in mind it will take a few weeks to take delivery of it as B and H doesn't stock the stands. I'm in California so it took a week to deliver, and about 10 days for them to first ship the stand.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1074706-REG/photek_ls_8122_3_section_10_folding_light.html
Regards,

nolamule:
Great find! How do the legs lock into place at the various angle showed in the photos?

capnhook:
The legs "click" into position, and then you can flip the clamp on each leg to level the stand.

I've been using this stand for about 2 months.  Niiiice and compact, and the rubber feet are great to gaff tape to the floor.

Handy in tight locations, too....easy to narrow the footprint when needed.

It's not an "air stand", so you have to be a bit more careful.

capnhook:
It's got a 5/8 stud, with a 1/4-20 threaded stub on top.

dmcculh:
This stand has looked interesting.  There is a thread with a few more photos here: http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=184199.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version