Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

AKG C 568 "EB" vs. AKG C 568 "B"

(1/1)

down2earthlandscaper:
Does anyone know what the difference is?  Why is one "EB" and the other just "B"???

I found this. It doesn't have the E

https://proaudio.com/catalog/akg-c568b-electret-condenser-shotgun-microphone.asp

DSatz:
E = export model (XLR connector). Alternatives in the past have been C = continental model (small Tuchel connector), L = Lemo (for the Austrian state broadcast network ORF) and F = France (Sogie connector, yuck).

Since the XLR connector achieved nearly total dominance in the professional market decades ago, and non-XLR versions ceased manufacture except as occasional, special orders, AKG stopped adding the "E" to most of their model numbers. It had become a "distinction without a difference."

More recently, Neumann has cautiously begun doing the same thing with the suffix i = international, Beyer has dropped their (C) = Cannon suffix, and Schoeps could probably do the same with the U = universal at the end of most of their product names--except that Schoeps does use Lemo and Binder connectors for certain products (such as the CCM L series and the recently discontinued CMB I amplifiers), so in their case it actually does contain some distinguishing information.

--best regards

down2earthlandscaper:
^ Thanks !!! ^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version